Chapter 20: The Clock Begins To Tick

"The number you're calling is out of coverage area. Please try your call later. The number you're—" The prerecorded message reached the bottom of Renzo's distressed heart. It was like a password he couldn't decode.

Leuther, where did Buddha put you? Renzo paced back and forth at the company's quarters. He dialed his brother's number several times more, but the operator's response stayed the same. The apprehension exponentiated with his every step.

Like throwing daggers, Sabrina stared at the man who was constantly blocking the office light, casting a slender shadow to the mountains of reports on her desk. Annoyance grew in her with Renzo's every step. The man was interrupting her work. If she had not seen Renzo without his glasses on, she could have believed that her so-called boss was doing it on purpose. She might be new at the company, but Mrs. Zhang had told her everything about this ambitious inventor. If Renzo appeared without glasses, he was in his worst emotional state. But who cares? How could she finish her task if the sound of Renzo's footsteps kept on bugging her like the imaginary Oreo cookies floating in her mind?

Her calm gaze stabbed Renzo. I hope the sun will fry your bird-nest hair. I hope the freckles on your cheeks will turn to apples. I hope the bags under your eyes will grow babies. I hope—

"Sabrina, do you have Xander's number?" Renzo stared at her with tired eyes.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Collins, but my brother has no phone." Sabrina politely smiled. Renzo had no idea that Sabrina's inner goddess was insulting her. You're as fake as your earrings made of fool's gold. She frowned and touched her ears. Shut up, or you can't have your Oreo cookies tonight. The voice in her head quieted.

Renzo took a deep breath and nodded. How can I forget that? He kept on looking at his phone, expecting for a call at any second.

After a few minutes, the entrance door swung open with Ythan and Zach rushing inside.

Sabrina's forehead creased forming several lines. "Didi, what are you doing here?"

"Jiejie!" Zach let go of Ythan's jacket and hugged his sister. "Gege and Leuther gē are missing."

"Leuther?" The name sounds familiar, Sabrina mused as Zach nodded.

Ythan gave Renzo the paper with the black scorpion image.

"He didn't leave any note as to where they will go?" Renzo asked The Young Master.

Ythan shook his head.

"Techne can't trace his location through GPS. Where did Xander bring him?" Renzo looked at Zach who was biting his fingers.

Ythan had given Renzo all the details he knew about the scenario. As soon as the Principal handed him the paper which Leuther left, he immediately reviewed the school's CCTV camera. Aside from Xander carrying Leuther to the junkyard, he also saw Ming taken by two masked men who followed Xander's path. The two other persons found in the comfort room had been taken to the hospital, still unconscious.

"Excuse me? Why is my brother involved here?" Sabrina's tone of voice deviated from her normal one.

Sensing his sister's confusion, Zach told Sabrina everything he knew from Ythan's explanation.

"Eh? That's it?" Sabrina raised her eyebrow. She rolled her eyes and went back on her desk to continue her job.

Renzo and Ythan were baffled with her reaction.

"Don't worry. I know my brother very well. He might look dumb, but he's smart enough to know that he can't kidnap other people." Using a calculator, she tallied the total number of students who received the watch. "By the looks of it, if they are not in the hospital, they might be at our orphanage or at Leuther's home, tending this man's injuries."