Chapter 10: Mermaid Cove

Robin-
  "Oh, Chopper...it looks like we reached Mermaid Cove." I said.
  "Really? Do you see Camie?" Chopper asked.
  "Guys!!!" Camie shouted.
  "Hey!!" Chopper shouted, and she swam over.
  "How are you guys!?" Camie asked.
  "Alive and well." I said.
  "Where is everyone else?" Camie asked.
  "Making there way over, we decided to split up to make the Merfolk and Fishman more comfortable." Chopper explained.
  "Oh." Camie said. "Well...you guys are devil fruit eaters so you can't swim. Everyone!" Camie shouted to her mermaid friends and they all swam towards us.
  "Jamie!!!!" Camie shouted.
  "Oh!! Coming!!!" Jamie shouted.
  I laughed. "Sorry about her. She always has her nose in a book." A darker mermaid said.
  She had long, dark hair, flowing hair. Her breasts were covered by a purple bikini top and her tail was a rainbow of dark colors like black, blue, purple, and white. She had a cat charm around her neck and brown eyes. "I'm Alex!" The mermaid said.
  "Hi! And it's no big deal, I know the feeling. My nose is always in a history book too!" I said.
  "Yeah! And mine in a medical book!" Chopper said.
  "I'm Nico Robin, and the blue-nosed reindeer is Chopper. We're pirates." I said.
  They all gasped. "Don't worry!! They're not those kind of pirates!" Camie exclaimed.
  "That's right, we're just passing though on our way to the New World." I said.
  "I thought pirate crews were bigger. Are there only two of you?" A smaller mermaid asked.
  She was definitely a teen, but we was so tiny! She had short platinum blonde hair, stormy blue eyes, a shark fin on her back, and a shining mermaid tail that was a palette of blues and greens, and her bikini top matched her tail.
  "Oh...the crew is bigger, we're just waiting for them here." I said.
  "Oh. Well, I'm Alyssa." The mermaid said.
  "Hello!" Chopper shouted.
  The mermaid that was behind everyone appeared. She had hair that was different shades of purple and bits of white. She had purple eyes. She wore a see through shawl over the lavender seashell bikini top.
  She had on a flower crown, a star choker necklace, a cross necklace, she had cross earrings and two pairs of star earrings, at her hips she had a beaded belt with a crescent moon and some kelp streaming down.
  Her tail was a mix of lavender and different purples all the way down, in the middle of the tail there was a whale-shark fin and her pale body was spotted with freckles.
  "I'm Jaime! Sorry, I'm a bit obsessed with the idea of the land above us." Jaime said.
  "Oh, don't apologize. I'm the archeologist of my pirate crew and I love studying all history." I said.
  "Really! Can you tell me about the land?" Jaime asked.
  I nodded, and we started talking all about it.

  Chopper-
  "They really hit it off." I said.
  "Seems like it." Alyssa said.
  "Can all reindeer talk?" Alex asked.
  "No! I'm special because I ate a devil fruit called the Human-Human Fruit." I said.
  "What about blue noses?" Alyssa asked, tapping my nose.
  "No!! I'm the only blue-nosed reindeer. My herd abandoned me because of that." I said.
  "You poor reindeer!!" Alyssa shouted, squeezing me.
  "Aww!! That doesn't make me happy you jerk!" I said, sparkles in my eyes.
  "You're one of those who likes to play off emotions...unsuccessfully." Alex said.
  I laughed. That was true. "Girl's, be careful with him. If he falls into the water he'll sink." Camie said.
  "Ok!" They said.
  I laughed as Alex and Alyssa played with me. "Oh...I hope Sanji and Brook don't get here." I said.
  Camie laughed a bit. I jumped up and shook off my wet fur. I puffed out and then shrunk in. I walked to Jaime. "What book are you reading?" Chopper asked.
  "Oh! I just finished reading Beauty and the Beast!" Jaime said.
  "Such a good book!" Robin said.
  "Robin...do fairy tales like that happen on land?" Jaime asked.
  Robin frowned. "I'm sorry to burst your bubble...but we read those books to escape the reality of the world. It's a cruel, dark place up there no matter who you are...life sucks one way or another." Robin said.
  "Robin!!!" I shouted.
  "Well, I have wishful thinking!" Jaime said.
  "Yeah!" Robin said, smiling with her eyes closed.
  "Do you read medical books?" I asked.
  "Yeah! I read a whole biology book and I've read books over certain medicines and certain sicknesses." Jaime said.
  I smiled, and we all three started talking about books.

  Luffy-
  We got to the Mermaid Cove. "Camie!!!" I shouted.
  "Hey!! Robin, Chopper!" Usopp shouted.
  We got over there and sat down with Nami, Franky, Brook, and Sanji following close behind.
  "They aren't here!? I told them to keep Zoro in their eyeshot!!" Nami shouted.
  "I don't think it's that Nami! Ace and Jade both have a good sense of direction. Maybe they got stuck in a fight or something." I said, spinning my straw hat given to me by Shanks.
  Robin introduced us to Jaime, Alyssa, and Alex. Sanji was in literal heaven and the mermaids seemed to like him too. They swam around and danced with him.
  I laughed. "I wish I could swim like you guys!" I shouted, kicking my feet in the water.

  Jade-
  We dodged as Fishman came at us. "Come on humans!" One shouted.
  "Don't!" I shouted as Zoro began to unsheath his sword. "Look, we aren't here to cause trouble. We're just trying to get back to our crew. We're only passing through here...I promise." I said, holding my hands up.
  "What are you doing?" They asked in sync.
  "Just follow my lead." I said.
  Ace and Zoro did that...but the Fishman attacked us anyways. Once they were satisfied, they left. I dusted myself off and Zoro and Ace stood up too.
  We walked towards mermaid cove. "Guys!" Nami shouted waving, and we waved back.
  "What happened?" Luffy asked, shocked.
  "Fishman showed up and attacked us, we didn't fight back because I don't want to tear a rift in what Queen Otohime worked so hard to achieve...even if I have to die. Now, if you'll excuse me...I'm gonna clean up, and I shapeshifted into a shark and dove into the water. I swam around a bit and then popped out of the water.
  I put my clothes back on and Ace was working hard to keep Brook and Sanji from looking my way.
  I grabbed my hair and squeezed it out. "It's not clean water, but at least all the wounds are cleaned up." I said.
Chopper wrapped my right bicep and my left elbow. He put bandages on my forehead and cheek.
  Then, he tended to Zoro and Ace's wounds. "Jade...how do you know about their queen?" Robin asked.
  "Me? Jimbei told me while we were waiting on the troublesome duo to recover." I said.
Both Ace and Luffy sneezed. "Quit talking about us." They said in sync.
  We all laughed.