Chapter Nine: Devotion

Chapter Nine—Devotion

"So how did you two meet exactly?" Xenon asked taking over one whole couch. I was laid out on Ash's lap in one of his button up shirts. We had already gotten back from hours and hours of running, we were now just relaxing, Ash was just letting the boys get to know me. Well, it wasn't his idea. Seth and Callum came in with beers in their hands.

"Driiiiiinks!" Seth said cheering.

"I'll pass." I said smiling.

"So are you gonna tell us what happened?" Marce asked. I looked up to Ash. He just rolled his eyes and reached for a beer.

"Alright, alright. So, I was at a party, it was the last day of school and Aaron Brookfield invited me to his party—you know cause I'm hot and all. So I went, and I kept getting hit on by all these body building looking guys. So I figured I'd hit my brother up and tell him I wanted to go home. Guess what?" I asked building suspense.

"Ashton comes and sweeps you off your feet." Zyre said laughing.

"No." I said quickly. "My phone was dead. So I couldn't call my brother. So here I am standing outside of Aaron's huge house filled with a ton of random people. A guy hits on me and tries to get me to give it up to him—"

"Who?" Ash asked looking down at me.

"Uhhhhh, R-something—Richie or Richard!" I said snapping my fingers. "Why do you know him?"

"Yeah, he's in my pack." Ash said.

"Oh, well don't do anything to him, he didn't know." I said.

"You're always defending guilty men." Ash said a slow smile on his face. I rolled my eyes.

"Back to my story." I said. Ash busied himself with running his hands through my hair while I finished my story. "So the guy left me alone and I figured I'd walk home. It would have been a decent walk but I would have made it home. Alright, so I'm walking home and I hear noises from the woods next to me. I panic a little but continue walking. Then I hear a howling, which causes me to really pick up my pace. And then guess what?" I asked.

"A gigantic werewolf pops out of the woods trying to eat you alive." Seth said enthusiastically, acting out what he was saying.

"Yes! I freak out and take my shoes off and start running. I end up stepping on a piece of glass from a vodka bottle and have to limp my way there. But my superhero saved the day. He pulled up in that sleek black Lamborghini of his and told me to get in his car. I didn't think twice about it—I mean what is there to think about when you're being chased a gigantic werewolf? So I get in his car and as I'm getting in he's getting out and going to the werewolf. I'm thinking that this guy is really insane, going to face a wolf. So I yell at him and tell him it's a possibility he could die and whatnot then I hear a whimpering and Ash walks back to the car and drives off. He couldn't take me to the hospital because it was too far away, so he took me to his place and fixed me up." I said

"She was so difficult." Ash said chuckling a bit. "Still is." I scoffed.

"Or maybe you're just not man enough to handle a woman like me." I smirked, and looked him in his eyes. He growled a lustful look glazing his eyes over.

"I'm more than man enough, Myra." he said huskily. The way he said my name had me sitting up my eyes never leaving his. "I'm all the man you need, cupcake. And all the man you'll get." I licked my lips and leaned in close to him.

"Let our claiming prove me wrong." I said and took his beer from him. I took swig and decided I'd just drink the rest. I set the empty bottle on the table, burped, then cuddled back up with Ash.