~ Chapter 3 ~

~Sebastian's POV~

Madame Red, Ciel and Cecilia's aunt, sent her butler Grelle to stay at the manor to learn from me, and he was becoming quite the nuisance. Grelle was a useless mousey man with long light brown hair that he wore in a neat ponytail and green eyes. He threatened to kill himself at meal time for being useless, putting everyone in a panic.

"Just think of the mess it would make." I replied to his suicidal ranting.

Everyone stared at me wide eyed.

"That's your only objection?" Cecilia asked incredulously.

"You're so kind." Grelle swooned.

Everyone stared at him as if he'd sprouted two heads.

"Grelle, I'm sure you have plenty of useful talents do not give up hope, you'll find something soon enough." Cecilia assured the distraught man with a kind smile.

"My sweet girl, I am not worthy of your praises." He brandished the knife at himself again.

"NO! Grelle please stop!" Cecilia pleaded, "It distresses me to see you so distraught."

Lady Cecilia had such a kind heart; it was beyond me how she could put up with this useless creature.

Ciel and I had business to attend in the city. "We will be gone for a short time and Grelle if you do decide to seek your eternal rest, please take care to do it outside and try not to make too big of a mess." I addressed the useless creature as we were about to take our leave.

Everyone stared at me with wide eyes, once again.

"What generosity." Grelle swooned once more.

"Oy, this guy's a loon." Bard murmured.

"Grelle, perhaps you could assist me while they are out." Cecilia smiled trying to cheer up the pitiful man. No doubt her kind heart wanted to keep an eye on him and make sure he didn't actually try to kill himself in our absence.

"Really!?" He was so hopeful.

~Cecilia's POV~

I had Grelle assist me with organizing all of the gowns in my wardrobe, it was tedious work, but it was nearly impossible for him to mess up. We finished the task quick enough and I decided to join the others in the garden. Grelle helped with the trimming while I assisted Mey-Rin with watering. Mey-Rin suddenly screamed and I nearly fell from the ladder I was perched on to water the plants.

"What is it!?" I asked worried as I clung to the ladder for dear life.

Mey-Rin pointed at the shrubbery all around the garden. Every hedge had somehow been carved into skulls, though they weren't particularly menacing.

"Oh, my." I gasped.

Grelle panicked, "Oh, no, not again!" He hurried up a ladder and attempted to hang himself in shame.

"Grelle, no!" I ran to his rescue, knocking him away from the noose, he swayed on the ladder before crashing on top of me.

"LADY CECILIA!" Bard, Finny and Mey-Rin squealed.

Grelle jumped to his feet with a yelp and pulled me up, "I'm so sorry, Lady Cecilia."

I tried to smile reassuringly at him as my world began to spin; I reached out to hold onto something as I began to topple over. Grelle caught me before I hit the ground and stared down at me with wide eyes.

"You killed her!" Finny screamed.

"No, no, don't worry; I'm just a bit dizzy." I murmured trying to right myself.