~ Chapter 26 ~

~Cecilia's POV~

All hell broke loose; quite literally, the triplets dove at Grelle, Undertaker and Hanna. Grelle had a strange looking weapon that had rotating spikes on it. Undertaker had a long deadly looking scythe and Hanna had two wicked looking swords in her hands with bright purple jagged blades. Claude and Sebastian lunged for each other at the same time and collided with enough force that a roar like thunder reverberated throughout the woods. I reached a clawed hand for the hilt of the blade plunged into my chest. Pain ricocheted throughout my body and I glared at the blade.

It seemed like Sebastian's side had the upper hand, they all appeared to me more skilled at fighting. A grey decaying hand shot from the earth beside my head. That was hardly fair, calling in the mindless servants to help. At least twenty of them crept into the clearing from the forest around us, ten popped up from the ground and a few slithered out of the stream. They were fast, and their claws were deadly, they charged into the fight, how was Claude controlling them? I slashed at the blade sticking out of my chest and shattered it with my claws.

Blood gushed from the wound as I rolled over onto my stomach and managed to get on all fours. My body was raked with pain, almost blinded with it, my vision was blurred. I slipped the crimson ring onto my finger before crawling to Alois' lifeless body. Tears streamed down my pallid cheeks, blood red tears. I cradled him in my arms, he was just a child, a poor helpless child who had been abused and neglected by this cruel world. He just wanted to be loved, that was all he ever wanted, was to be loved and have a family. I could have given him that, maybe Sebastian would have been willing to adopt him as a son, he could have been happy with us.

"I'm so sorry." I breathed as I streamed my fingers through his silken hair. "You were just an innocent child, you didn't deserve this."

"What are you doing!?" Claude snarled at me.

My body had begun to emit a radiant glow. I turned in time to see Sebastian plunge a hand through Claude's chest, taking advantage of his distraction. He caught him by the hair and pulled his hand from his chest, he was going to behead him. Three of the graying creatures attacked Sebastian causing him to lose his grip. Claude smirked and began throwing his knives at random. No, not at random, he was making a web; I could just see the glint of the translucent fibers. Sebastian had not, he was about to lunge toward Claude into the mess of fibers.

"Sebastian be careful!" I called, "He made a web."

Sebastian looked in front of him, he couldn't see it. I caught a handful of my blood and threw it at the webbing, it worked like a charm; the blood caught different strands of the fiber and slid down them, creating a very bloody very visible web. Sebastian smirked at this and charged at Claude able to dodge the fibers. My body was beginning to feel numb and cold.

Undertaker appeared before me as five of the grey creatures charged at me, he sliced them all in half with a single swing before turning to me with a smile, "You're just an innocent girl that can't let one kid die." He smiled.

"What are you talking about, it's my fault he's dead." I glared at him.

"Look again, love." Undertaker smiled before racing off to assist Grelle who had gotten himself backed into a corner by two of the triplets.

I looked down at the boy in my arms; the hole in his chest was closing. Was he really going to live? Could I bring him back? Did I really have that kind of power? A gold knife flew at Alois' head I shielded him with my arm and the knife pierced completely through flesh and bone. I winced and ripped it out of my arm as I saw Alois' wound completely seal. He took in a gasp of air and I felt overjoyed, he'd be okay! I lay him down gently in the grass as he slept soundly and slowly got to my feet.