~ Chapter 16 ~

~Cecilia's POV~

When I went down to the kitchen the next morning I was startled to see, Ashe, the queen's butler sitting in our kitchen drinking tea with Tanaka. He smiled at me, but I could sense malice behind that fake smile. Viktor, the dog we'd brought back with us from Houndstooth was growling at Ashe.

"Good morning, Lady Cecilia." Ashe beamed.

"Tanaka could you leave me alone with our guest for a moment and take Viktor with you?" I glared at Ashe, why was he here in our manor?

Tanaka slipped out of the kitchen with a 'ho' and Viktor begrudgingly followed him.

"What are you doing here?" I pondered trying to sound nonchalant while resisting the urge to attack him.

"My lady, I sense some hostility, I'm merely here with an order from the queen." He smiled kindly.

"You decided to deliver it in person, why?"

"There's still innocence and purity in you, and it's beyond me, how that could be." He whispered more to himself.

I glared at him, "What are you?"

"A royal butler." He smiled.

"You're not human, and whatever you are, you're pure evil." I hissed as I inched towards the knife block.

Ciel and Sebastian entered the kitchen as I snatched up a giant meat cleaver. They both looked at me curiously and Ashe chuckled.

"Ashe, what are you doing here?" Ciel asked as he looked to me warily wondering what I was going to do with the meat cleaver.

"I have orders from the queen." He smiled and handed Ciel a letter unphased by the massive cleaver in my hand.

"Cici, why do you have a meat cleaver?" Ciel pondered.

Ashe chuckled once more while I dropped the meat cleaver. I glared at him, this man was evil, he was definitely not human and I had this odd feeling he wanted my brother dead, and I would not allow that. I'd skin him alive if he dared try to harm my brother.

Ashe continued talking, "There is an abbey we believe is under some cult influence, they've stolen some doomsday books."

"Do you want them destroyed or just disbanded?" Ciel pondered.

"We leave that up to you. It'll be very difficult to get in, and lately they've been accepting large shipments of coffins." Ashe shrugged his shoulders. There was just something about his smile that unsettled me.

I raised an eyebrow at this, perhaps we'd get Undertaker involved. That'd give me a chance to talk to him about the weird light thing. Ashe left after that and my nerves calmed a bit. For some reason this felt like a set up, and I was very uneasy about it.

"It could be dangerous, maybe you should stay behind, Cici." Ciel noted.

"I'm going." I left the kitchen to go to my room to change.

Sebastian followed me and once we were out of earshot questioned me, "Why did you have a meat cleaver, my dear?"

"Do you not sense something purely evil about that man?" I pondered as an involuntary shiver ran down my spine. "He's not human, and when I'm near him I feel enraged."