~ Chapter 14 ~

~Cecilia's POV~

Sebastian, Ciel and I were at one of the estates our family owned that was to be undergoing renovation to be turned into a hotel. However, the workmen refused because they said it was haunted. Ciel seemed in an unusually foul mood as we headed toward the front entrance.

"What's bothering you, brother?" I pondered.

"This is a pointless trip, a complete waste of time, ghosts don't exist." He paused and looked at me as if he'd offended me and was about to apologize, but I cut him off.

"I'm not a ghost, brother dear." I laughed.

"You're not alive either." He winced at his words and stared down at his feet. "I'm so sorry, Cecilia."

"Stop that. I love you, Ciel. I don't regret anything." I smiled at him as we entered the manor.

The door slammed shut behind the three of us causing Ciel and I to jump. "We don't get many guests." A voice called from the darkness and the candelabras began to light on their own.

"A group of traveling minstrels and their parlor tricks." Ciel scoffed.

I smiled, "I don't think that's it, brother." I nodded to the dining hall where a boy materialized out of thin air. He was around Ciel's age maybe a year or two older and had shoulder length golden blonde hair and bright cerulean blue eyes. His attire was very dated and showed his noble status.

"I'm King Edward." The boy went on.

I smiled, "A pleasure to meet you, your majesty, forgive our rudeness, I'm Cecilia Phantomhive and this is my younger brother the Earl of Phantomhive manor, Ciel Phantomhive, and his butler Sebastian Michealis." I swept the boy a perfect curtsy and nudged Ciel who bowed and Sebastian followed suit with a chuckle.

"We don't get guests." Edward repeated with a smile. A smaller boy with shorter blonde hair and big bright cerulean blue eyes poked his head out from behind a wall and peered at the three of us curiously before inching out a little further.

"Who's the pretty lady?" He asked shyly.

"You must be young Richard." I smiled, "My name is Cecilia; won't you come out so we can all see you?"

He smiled and stepped out to join his brother. "Are you an angel?"

"Not to my knowledge." I laughed. "Why do you ask?"

"You're glowing." Richard smiled.

I raised an eyebrow at Sebastian at this, and he merely shrugged.

"Perhaps to the dead you appear to have an aura around you?" Ciel suggested.

"What are you all whispering about?" Edward looked annoyed.

"Well your majesty, if I may be frank, we've come to ask you to leave this manor." Ciel said bluntly.

I rolled my eyes at Ciel, "That was completely tactless."

"You wish to evict me and my brother from our home?"

"Well my family actually owns this land now." Ciel continued.

"Yes, make the ghost angry Ciel, brilliant idea." I hissed.

"So, you're like a caretaker?" Edward goaded.

"Not exactly."

Richard stepped toward me, "Will you play with me, pretty lady?"

I smiled, "Of course, your highness." I offered him a hand and he placed one of his tiny hands in mine while the other clung to a skull and pulled me away from the group.