~ Chapter 10 ~

~Undertaker's POV~

I placed Cecilia in a coffin lined with azure satin and placed a lid over the top before loading it onto my cart and heading toward Phantomhive manor. I hadn't meant to scare the poor girl. She seemed happy enough with the demon and had made a contract with him, so long as she was happy I would honor their contract. However, the moment he shreds that happiness, I'll take her back, being her 'maker' I could overrule their contract, if need be. The demon seemed to care about her; however, so I didn't think it would become a problem. When I pulled up to the manor, I was greeted by a very angry looking Ciel and an even angrier looking demon butler.

"My sister better not be in that coffin, Undertaker!" Ciel snarled the young Earl looked as if he hadn't gotten a wink of sleep since I'd spirited away the enchanting Cecilia.

"She fainted." I popped the lid off the coffin just as her piercing blue eyes snapped open, "Oh, you're awake, good morning love."

She looked up at me for a moment in confusion before smiling at me; her smile could light up the world even in the darkest of times. She was an absolute vision in the coffin I had specially made for her. I lifted her out of the coffin and she wrapped her arms around my neck to steady herself. She smelled of lavender, dew drops and honeysuckle, still as pure and innocent as the day I came to reap her soul.

~ flashback ~

"I know you're retired now, but you're the only one who can do this." William T. Spears appeared at my doorstep, they never bothered me, it must be serious.

"What is it?" I pondered while I worked on a new body that had arrived just that morning.

"Her name is Cecilia Phantomhive, I suspect she's such a pure soul that she's going to sacrifice her life to save her brother, Ciel, he's supposed to die tonight, but something about it, is troubling me. Please, go to the scene, keep her from dying, if that girl dies, this world will be plunged into eternal darkness and despair."

One girl, a child at that, if lost would ruin the world? I had to admit I was curious to gaze upon this child; she was probably a fearsome thing to behold. "I'll go."

William looked at me curiously, "What no jokes today?"

"You got any?"

"No."

"Didn't think so." I shooed him away and headed to the Phantomhive manor, I still had hours before the fire, and I wanted to see this creature that was so precious to the world. I cloaked myself with a cloak of concealment and slipped into the manor.

"Happy Birthday, little brother." I looked into the dining hall to see the owner of the voice that had spoken, and standing beside the chair of a ten-year-old boy was an absolute vision.An angel with a halo of pale golden hair and the most startling azure eyes, eyes that looked deep into the soul of the very person they gazed upon. Her skin was pale and she wore an azure gown with white ivy-like embroidery, she looked like a snow angel. She didn't appear to be a day over sixteen yet had eyes of someone wise beyond her years. There was a timelessness about her, but something was missing. I couldn't stop staring at the creature standing before me. Her eyes were filled with love for the boy beside her.

"Shall I sing for you, Ciel?" She asked.

The boy's eyes lit up with joy, "Please!"