Resident Evil Afterlife Chapter 1

"Any last words, Dear?"

"Why don't you put the gun down and join me?"

"Join you? Have you looked outside recently? There isn't anything left to dominate"

"We could create a new world, you and I. Imagine what we could be capable of if you put aside your petty revenge"

Revenge: a seven letter word that chilled Aurora down to the bone. It had dictated her decisions; it not only ruined her life but destroyed the world. And after one too many sleepless nights Aurora had come to a conclusion; revenge wasn't petty, it was necessary.

"Albert, trust me when I say there is nothing more I've ever wanted to do than to put a bullet into your head for everything you've done"

She was pleased that her voice didn't waver when she spoke. Aurora, no matter what she tried to convince Alice and herself of otherwise, loved that man with some sort of strange affliction.

But she couldn't let her feelings for Wesker hesitate her. She knew that when Wesker was dead, what was left of Umbrella would collapse without him, and then maybe, maybe she could sleep a little easier at night.

"If you're so willing to put a bullet in my head, what's stopping you?"

"You and I have something to talk about, remember? You promised the next time we saw each other, we'd have a proper conversation"

"I recall that. I also recall you said you weren't coming alone"

"I didn't"

"All the clones are dead. I truly, sincerely hope that Alice was among them"

Aurora's lips parted in a warning growl. She knew Alice was fine, there was no doubt about that, but the clones...

It had started with the first clone from Nevada, the first one they encountered, or Allie as Aurora fondly named her.

The cool, calm and collected Clone had a way about her that knocked Aurora off her feet, and similar in the way of the real Alice, quickly wormed her way over the erected walls around Aurora's stony heart.

She was not just Aurora's friend, but the stern left-hand of Alice's clone army.

But it didn't last long. Not even five months into the journey to Japan, they encountered Aurora's worst nightmare; a horde of mutated Lickers.

It was a blur of blood, bullets, death and tongues. Aurora didn't know what was happening until it was too late, the slick tongue coming at her from behind but never landing its mark.

It was Alice who felt like an intruder as she watched Allie collapse into Aurora's arms in a convulsing, bleeding heap. She spluttered for Aurora to be safe as the distraught woman held her closely, desperately clawing to cover the gap in the clone's chest.

Allie's death hung heavily in the air, leaving Aurora disconnected and irritable for the rest of their trek.

"Sorry to disappoint, but I'm right here" Alice finally acknowledged from behind Aurora and Wesker.

"Ah" Wesker purred, "It's nice to finally meet the real you"

Aurora leaned dangerously close to his ear, and chuckled breathlessly, "I've been looking forwards to this moment for a very long time"

"So have I, My Dear" Wesker's thin lips twisted into a cruel, malicious smirk. "But you have always been so deliciously... predictable" In a swift motion that Aurora didn't see coming, he briskly stood and reversed their positions. Wesker kept a strong arm around wrapped around Aurora's neck, holding her tightly against him as he smirked at Alice from across the jet.