Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Seeing my pendant clutched in Harrison's fist had my fury aflame, so all I could see was the colour of red. How dare he take something so precious of mine!

"Isla, you look a bit odd." Candy sounded fearful making me turn to face her.

"Sorry, but he's truly pissed me off." I growled.

"All I've got to do is to figure out how to make this work." Harrison mused.

"That's not what the pendants for." I told the ignorant Harrison.

"Of course it is! It has to make the lamp work." Harrison surmised.

"No genie lamp will ever work for you again. Why can't you understand that simple fact?" I raised my voice, and he finally looked at me.

"You're hiding the truth! I know this necklace will make the lamp work because it has a picture of the lamp on the side." Harrison said as he tried to shove the pendant and lamp together in a comical fashion.

"The pendant is mine for contacting my mother. It has nothing to do with Jene's lamp." I insisted.

"Our mother lives here in this house. Why can't you just ring her?" Candy reminded me of her unenlightened presence and I sighed.

How could I ever explain this situation so it made sense? To be honest, I didn't know whether my mother was still She-Gen. With the way my reality had altered with Bev being my mother, it left me totally baffled.

"I'm going to make this as simple as possible for you, Candy. I grew up believing that my mother was dead, but found out she controls a Realm full of genies just recently. Your mum married my dad when you were much younger.

"This all happened because Harrison found that lamp," I pointed to Jene's lamp. "And the genie gave him wishes. He wished for a rich family, so you guys got dad and me. Now because Harrison kept the lamp for his own greedy plans, I had to help the genie get his lamp back.

"The moment the lamp returned to the genie, I awakened to where you weren't a superficial bitch of a girl. You're the kind of girl I'd want as my sister, and I'm glad for that." I told her a brief version of the truth.

"So if I wanted a genie, all I have to do is walk over and rub that lamp?" Candy's disbelief showed clear, but there was also a wishful neediness that bothered me.

"Yes, you could do that, but please don't use Jene's lamp. I'll show you another genies lamp that you can use. Jene's spent all of the time since Harrison was fourteen putting up with him." I pleaded.

"You're not even kidding me, are you?"

"Not kidding. I just came from meeting a genie named Quintress, and I know exactly where her lamp lives. Just let me save Jene from Harrison first." I waved a hand at Jene's lamp that grew frustrated in Harrison's hands. I could tell because it had started to glow red.

"Okay." She agreed with a nod.

"Why won't this work?" I turned back to Harrison who'd started ranting during my explanation, and now returned to shrieking.

"Hand over my pendant and the lamp now!" I demanded of my brother.

"I don't have to obey you." He sneered at me.

"Are you sure?" I smirked at him.

Without knowing how I did it, I stretched a hand out towards the items and commanded that they come to me. The lamp and pendant shook in Harrison's hands while he desperately tried to clutch them tight to him. His body began to vibrate in the same way.