Chapter Two

You've just arrived home from another long and tiring day at work, and the sky was reflecting what you were feeling right now. Rain pattered on the cement road outside your house, along on your roof and windows of course, and lightning lighted up the dark, gloomy sky.

Of course, you had to prepare something for yourself to calm your nerves down. A cup of honey lemon tea would do the trick, since it was your mother's favorite. Since childhood, you've always watched your dear mother prepare two cups of this tea for the both of you.

After preparing the tea, you got yourself a piece of bread to munch on. It felt like hours have passed, but the gloomy weather that fell on England seemed to stop. You peeked through the window, now seeing the bright sun's rays and the wet surroundings left by the rain.

"It would be lovely if I'd get some fresh air outside." You said to no one in particular but yourself. After changing from your work clothes into a cute, pastel blue dress, you put a pair of sandals on since these made you very comfortable. Tying your blonde curly lockes in a low ponytail with a ribbon, you went out, inhaling and exhaling the air and taking in the sight of your garden.

A small well was on the far left side, and varieties of plants grew along with flowers that added color to the greenery. An old, oak tree was growing on your garden also, and memories of you and your mother flashed back when the two of you still lived with her parents. You used to spend time on an old oak tree too back home, and she'd tell you many stories of her adventures in this world called 'Wonderland'.

I don't know if it's coincidental, but your oak tree had a hole just like your mother's go-to place. Strange.

Your garden was quite big, so you had fun watching and taking care of your plants. Until a small creature came out of nowhere.

Yes, nowhere.

A white rabbit dressed in very Victorian-styled clothing and a pocket watch found its way to your garden, and the animal seemingly caught your attention. It hopped and hopped, supposingly finding a way back to its home. But wait, why would a rabbit be dressed up in such clothing and hold a pocket watch in its hands?

Out of curiousity, you followed the rabbit, your pastel blue dress and your blonde lockes flowing along with the wind. The rabbit may have seemed to notice your pressence, so it hopped faster which caused you to run after it.

Surprisingly and unexpectedly, it lead you to your favorite go-to spot which was the old oak tree. It looked back at you with its red eyes and jumped it the hole that was present there. You ran towards there and crouched down, hoping to see a white ball of fur. But to your dismay, it already disappeared.

It seemed that fate played a trick on you, because an unknown force pushed you and down you fell the rabbit hole.

-----

A/N: Second chapter done! Woohoooo! So excited to write more for this book, 'cause I'm actually having fun. Haha!

---• UPDATED: 052020, socks and sandals part. pfft---

yes, i edited it. because it just reminded me of how cringey my writing style and fashion sense was back then. HAHAHA