Chapter Eight

"Before all of Wonderland, tell me about you."

You, having said that statement, made the Hatter in shock. No one in Wonderland has ever been like that towards him, until you came.

You were both walking down the path where the Cheshire cat said. Indeed, it had the finest red roses that anyone has seen in their life.

But one rose seemed to get your attention.

It had a small speck of white.

"Hatter, wait," you stopped. "Why does that flower have a speck of white?"

He looked nervous. "Oh, it's nothing dear. Let's continue on." he reassured you and smiled. You both continued on the path. Still, the rose seemed to get you out of your trance and with your curiosity eating you, you were dying to know answers.

Why does it have a little speck of white?

"Anywho, tell me about you first. Mother didn't seem to know you that well when she told me stories about Wonderland." you said. The Hatter let out a chuckle that sent small goosebumps to your skin. Your mother hadn't talked much about the Hatter, so you thought that getting to know the man himself would be a good idea.

"To start off, my real name is Tarrant Hightopp." he said.

"Tarrant Hightopp..."

The way that it sounded when he said his name... it was like hearing again for the first time.

The Hatter titled his head to the side, waiting for something from you.

"Oh, nothing. It's- it's just, unique and so out of this world. No pun intended." you both laughed. This was surely a memory with the Hatter that you'd treasure forever.

You knew so much about the Hatter while walking down the path. His favorite tea was raspberry, and paired with cookies. The pot that he also had belonged to his grandma, so that was why he was protective of the antique- looking teapot.

The night sky started to blanket all of Wonderland, the once pink, orange, and purple shades of the beautiful sunset now replaced with the midnight black sky with specks of shining stars.

It was indeed getting late, so you and the Hatter prepared a fire and found a good place to sleep.

"Hatter... what did Chesire mean? Wonderland, fading?" you asked out of nowhere, laying your head down on a log, the grass tickling your soft skin. You looked up into the night sky and sighed. The Hatter did the same thing too, keeping a good distance away from you, respecting your personal space.

You heared the Hatter gulp before answering your question. "Ever since your mother slayed the Jabberwocky during the war between the Queen of Hearts and the White Queen, the Queen of Hearts was imprisoned. But after a long, long time behind bars, we didn't know how or why she managed to escape. This was our cue that she wanted war again."

The Queen of Hearts, free from the bars that held her captive?!

This was surely a thing that someone-- no, everyone could be afraid of! She was a powerful queen. A menacingly, monstrous, powerful queen.

And if she reigns over Wonderland again, Wonderland will lose its light-- forever.

"We tried to keep it to ourselves-- the White Queen, the Rabbit, the Twins... but it eventually spread word and now everyone in Wonderland is in great panic and terror. It may not be obvious, but inside them, their hearts-- fear has slowly overthrown the light inside them."

"(Y/n)... you're our only hope." the Hatter turned to face you, and stared with those bright orbs of his. His eyes showed fear, sadness, but little of hope.

You didn't know what to do. Now, you even thought if you were actually like your mother. So many thoughts were now running through your head, and your constant mental contemplating to yourself just made your anxiety worst.

You jolted up from where you layed down, your breathing becoming faster and faster the minute you thought of this.

"Are you okay (Y/n)? Calm down, dear." the Hatter asked, and rubbed your back up and down, in attempt to calm you down.

"I-- I need some time to think this through, Hatter. E-excuse me." you excused yourself and went a bit far away. You were now leaning against a peach blossom tree with its firefly guardians, and this slowly calmed you down.

The atmosphere was so relaxing, that it almost made you sleep.

Out of nowhere, the bushes that surrounded you started to shake. There could possibly be no one else around here in the woods except for you and the Hatter, right?

"Hello? Wh-who's there?" you asked. You looked around scanned your surroundings. It was so dark, that you barely saw anything but the fireflies!

And just when you were about to return to where the Hatter was at, a person put a cloth over your mouth that made you pass out.

"Hello, Little Alice."

___________________________________

A/n: Now deciding to spice things up a little bit starting here fufufufufu XD

I hope you enjoyed the chapter guys! And also, goddAMN WE'VE REACHED 5K READS AKDNWODNWSJBWDOW THANK YOU SO SO MUCH GUYYSSS! ILY ILY ILYYYY ❤