Chapter Ten

The Hatter needed to do something.

He just wasn't gonna sit around and let you suffer!

So, he decided to go to the White Queen's castle, not so far from the forest, to get some help. So many negative thoughts were running through his head that made him worry even more about you.

I hope that you're alright, (Y/n).

___________________________________

You sat alone in the dark, fancy room that the queen provided for you. Luckily, she was surprisingly kind enough to free you from the ropes, but oh so cruel to set high security levels in your fancy cell. Heavy duty padlocks, codes, and her guards surrounded your room.

And there, your heart sank knowing that you had very little hope of getting out of here.

There was only one window in the room that provided light and warmth in the cold and dark room. You went over and looked out the surroundings. This was such a beautiful palace!

You saw towers that were standing high and above the ground. You mostly saw red, white, and hints of black colored on the infrastructures, and the servants wore the same colors on their dresses and suits too. They had odd facial structures and physical features, such as overly enlarged ears and a nose that you could mistake for as a stick. Above all of those, the garden really got your attention.

It had a white, ivory road in the middle of the green grass. Familiar bushes of the red roses that you and the Hatter saw by the road on the forest were there. It certainly bought so many memories, one of which was when your mother danced infront of Horace, her once fiancé.

You certainly didn't want to waste any more time roaming around the corners of this room. Standing up, you started to pace back and forth to think of a plan.

"Aha!"

You knew that hairclips came real handy, and your ability to pick on locks. "I gotta tie my hair back, I certainly don't want this bird's nest to get in my way," you said while tying your hair back into a neat bun while getting a hairclip from your hair. You started to pick on the locks that kept you chained to your chair, and after that checking the window to see if there were any guards that were roaming around the halls.

Good. The coast is clear.

But how could they be stupid enough to get lunch while forgetting they kept a prisoner here?

Wait, is it even lunchtime now?

"I gotta make this quick." You ran to the door and started to pick on the padlock that weighed like a whole boulder.

Good Jiminy Crickets.
__________________________________

The people in the White Queen's castle were at peace and order, doing their own things while Queen Mirana herself had took the time to relax from her queenly duties and have tea with the Tweedle twins, the White Rabbit, and the others in the palace garden under the cherry blossom tree.

"Would you like some sugar, my queen?" Bayard offered. "Oh, no no, I'm good." Mirana replied, stirring her tea. Everything was at peace, not until...

"My Queen! My Queen!"

Everyone turned on their backs and saw the Hatter who's looked like he finished a 350-kilometer marathon.

"Calm down, Tarrant," Mirana's gentle voice held comfort to the Hatter's ears as the queen took hold of both his shoulders gently. "Now look at me, and take in deep breaths. Afterwards, tell me what happened." She said.

"I- (Y-Y/n), she's held captive by Iracebeth." The Hatter replied.

Oh bloody big head.