🏀EIGHT

Lux watched as Sasha ran up and down the court, her feet swiftly moving across the shiny floor, her all black Nike Air Max's barely touching it as she ran the ball down court

     Lux watched as Sasha ran up and down the court, her feet swiftly moving across the shiny floor, her all black Nike Air Max's barely touching it as she ran the ball down court. She shot from the three point line, effortlessly tossing the ball into the basket.

"Eww, Kobe" One of the boys from the sideline commented as he mimicked her wrist game.

Lux smiled to herself as it was nice seeing Sasha in her element, as it seemed like nothing mattered but her and the ball.
Lux's phone started to ring, and she looked down to see her brother calling. At the same time the coach blew the whistle, signaling the end of practice and calling the girls into a huddle.

"Hello?" She answered, pouring the rest of her hot cheetos into her mouth.

"Yo, where you at? I'm at GG's" he said, and she could hear him moving throughout the rickety house.

"I'm at basketball practice with my friend"

"You know better than to be hanging with these little niggas, who is he?" Lucious asked, already hopping into big bro mode.

"He, is a her" Lux corrected him, "And after this we're going to her house to start our project so I won't be home until eight maybe"

"Well send me her address and I'll come get you"

Lux was happy to hear that, because she wasn't sure how well her lie would work on the same bus driver. She told him okay, and placed her phone in her bag once Sasha began to make her way out of the locker room with her things.

"You did good!" Lux complimented, climbing down the bleachers.

"Thanks, you ready to go?"

"Yup"

The two began to make their way out of the gym, along with the other team members that were leaving practice as well and their friends who stayed to watch.

"This year, I'm knocking everybody over who gets in my way" one of the girls boasted, as she dribbled an invisible ball.

"You said that last year, and got benched the first game" another snickered, "So, just take notes and try not to get squashed like Swedenburg over there"

Sasha and Lux turned their head towards the conversation, and Lux slit her eyes at the girl.

"Swedenburg is whooping ya'll ass out there, I know that much" she retorted, "Ya'll are gonna need her, so be nice"

The girls scuffed, and one in particular was very offended. She had made the team every year, and this year as a senior was no different. And while she was always the star player and coach's favorite, since Sasha's first day at tryouts coach seemed to be encouraging her more than anyone else.

She didn't like that, and even though the season wouldn't be starting for months she could already tell she was going to be a problem.

"And what exactly do you know about basketball?" The girl shot back, "I'm Roxy, nice to meet you. Clearly your new to the school, because I'm the only one this team needs"