🏀TWENTY SIX

"And then, she had the nerve to ask me can she wear my dress

      "And then, she had the nerve to ask me can she wear my dress. After she already took my shoes without asking. Girl, I'm telling you. You are lucky you live with your brother" Valencia sighed, finally getting to the end of the complaints about her older sister.

"Sis, I get where you're coming from but I would rather deal with that than these junky ass boys" Lux replied, pulling the last dish out of the sink and drying it with a towel, "Lu thinks I'm some kind of slave"

"Your brother is ~"

"If you're going to say cute, stop while you're ahead" Lux slit her eyes at the phone.

She could hear Valencia suck her teeth, and although at the moment she couldn't see her she knew she was doing the same goofy smile she always did when Lucious was brought into the conversation. Lux knew it wasn't anything more than a small crush, mainly due to the fact that every time Lux invited her friend over he just had to make his company known. But Lux had one rule, no dating her friends. And while Lu definitely had an eye for the younger girl, he obeyed his sister for the time being.

"I was going to say sweet. But whatever" Valencia giggled.

"Mhhh does Zay know you think my brother is sweet?" Lux smirked.

"Now you know me and that boy aren't anything but friends. He ruined his chance with me, remember"

"I still think you should give him one more chance.
You guys would be cute together, ya know" Lux shrugged.

"And so would you and Sasha" Valencia remarked.

Lux slit her eyes at the phone a second time, and knew her friend was trying it. Still, she couldn't front as every time Sasha's name was brought up she felt her stomach do a small tumble.

In fact, just the thought of them hanging out later was making her nervous and she hadn't even told Valencia about it; She told her everything, but rekindling things with her ex was something she wanted to work through alone.

"She ruined her chance, remember?" Lux smirked, finally replying.

After putting up the last of the dishes, Lux moved onto the living room and began to straighten up the multiple pair of shoes and clothes thrown around. She continued to keep up the conversation with Valencia, the two moving on from their slick banter and talking about school or whatever else that happened to come up.

A loud sound of thunder erupted from outside, and Lux jumped to the point she almost dropped her phone.

"Damn, it is coming down out there" she said, looking through the blinds to see the rain coming down heavily.

"Yes, I feel bad for anybody stuck out there" Valencia added.

Lux agreed, and as she kept her eyes on the down pour she suddenly witnessed someone approaching the steps outside. She squinted her eyes, trying to make out the visitor that was too short to be either her brother or Don.