TWENTY F🏀UR

"Fifteen hundred, all in a day's work" Quan smiled, smelling the dirty cash as he ran it underneath his nostrils

"Yeah just don't forget my cut" Miles jokingly slit his eyes at Quan, "And the money to reup"

"Yeah yeah I know" he said beginning to split the money up, "Still, we did good. This shit is much better than selling weed"

"I told you man. How you think I've been on my own for so long? I left mom dukes at 17, ain't look back since" Miles smirked proudly, sitting back into the futon.

"For real?" Quan asked, intrigued by the man's words.

Living alone was something Quan definitely craved after turning on his parents and while at first he had dreams of rescuing his mother he no longer had that desire after what she did to him. It was clear where she stood, destined to always choose her husband over her kids no matter the disrespect he continued to show them all.

The fact that instead of loving them, he controlled them. He fed off of their fear and obedience, and Quan would no longer stand for it.

He would've never guessed that he would began to sell drugs and give up on his sport dreams, and what first was supposed to be just a plan to get some new clothes it had turned into a way of life he actually enjoyed. Quan liked the fast money, the street respect, and the fact that for once girls actually looked his way first.

He knew there was risks coming with what he did as well, but just like his sister he was becoming engulfed in his new environment in the city they were now loving to call home.

"Real rap" Miles replied, beginning to pull a backwood out his pocket, "Got my bread up and got out of there. Why, ya folks getting on ya nerves?"

"Hell yeah...my pops mostly" Quan shook his head, "He's a dickhead and my mom just loves it or some shit"

Miles laughed as he unraveled the leaf, "I doubt if she loves it, bro. But you know moms, always puttin up wit niggas for the kids"

"Well if she's doing the shit for us I have some bad news for her" Quan snickered.

Miles gestured the weed once it was rolled and Quan rejected it as he stood up.

"Can't, my sister's game starts in a half" Quan said throwing the bag over his shoulder.

"Oh yeah, what does she play?" Miles asked.

"Basketball. Crazy thing is, she's actually sick at it.
This is their third game this season, figured I'd check her out"

Quan smirked to himself as he thought about Sasha, and it was weird because although they were twins the two never had a relationship until recently. It was like the hate of their father banded them together, and while at first Quan was a little salty about Sasha's new life, after creating his own he no longer felt the need to be envious.