🏀 THIRTY-ONE

Kiana Lede's heavy flowed soothingly through Lux's speakers, casting a peaceful aura in her bedroom as she lay onto her paisley print covered sheets - her eyes plastered to the ceiling

Kiana Lede's heavy flowed soothingly through Lux's speakers, casting a peaceful aura in her bedroom as she lay onto her paisley print covered sheets - her eyes plastered to the ceiling. Winter break was finally here, and that meant two things; Her senior year was halfway through, and she would soon have to navigate the world on her own.

Technically she had already been doing that - with a strung out Mom and a disappearing act of a Dad, Lux had no choice but to learn the necessities of life on her own. She was grateful for both GG and Lu, as they scraped together the very little they had to take care of her. And while she always insisted she could work to help out, Lu refused.

Lux knew once she graduated, things would be different - she would be different. Would she walk the same path as her mother, who couldn't deal with the weight of the world; Who instead ran to the streets and found solace in her own sadness. In all honesty, that sounded easier than actually excelling in life.

That was one of the main reasons she still hadn't decided what colleges to apply to, even with admissions right around the corner. It was Midterms, and she knew the pressure was soon to come. She tried her best to push the doubting thoughts to the back of her mind. With two weeks of winter break, she now had free time to hang with her friends and to worry about growing up later.

Startling her, the blaring of her ringtone echoed throughout the otherwise peaceful room. Reaching for her phone, she could see Sasha's contact picture appear. She smiled to herself hoping it was good news coming.

"Hello?" She answered almost immediately.

"She said no," said Sasha getting straight to the point, "Said she's going to need help with my brothers, since Quan isn't coming."

Lux rolled her eyes, "So how long will you be gone?"

"The whole two weeks" Sasha sighed, "I'm going to miss you. I looked forward to seeing you during the break, spending time together like old times...".

"Yeah, me too.."

"Well, I have to go help my mom put the bags in the car. Love you."

Lux frowned, "love you too."

She tossed her phone to the side of her, staring back up at the ceiling as she was seriously dreading having to spend her whole winter break most likely alone. Sasha and her were just getting back on good terms, and she actually looked forward to the two of them hanging out.

Sitting up, she dragged her feet to the kitchen to grab something out the fridge. She rolled her eyes at the sight of Don in between the door frame, with his head poked out. She undoubtedly loved living with her brother, but Don was another story. If he wasn't flirting with her when Lu wasn't around, he had multiple flings in and out of their apartment.

"Ima hit you up lata aiight, lil sexy ass." He flirted, hanging in the doorway.

Lux snickered to herself. He was really a class act.