🏀 THIRTY-TWO

Quan checked the time on his watch as he waited outside of the Chinese restaurant, placing his hands back into his pockets to cover them from the brisk air

Quan checked the time on his watch as he waited outside of the Chinese restaurant, placing his hands back into his pockets to cover them from the brisk air. He surveyed his surroundings, his eyes latching onto every car that rode past as he waited for one in particular.

Staying home instead of going to D.C wasn't just because he didn't want to be cooped up in a car with his mom and siblings - he had work to do. Lu had trusted him enough to give him double the work, and that meant he had to put in double the time to flip it. Berks was the pickup spot, and Quan stood nervously at the corner since this wasn't his hood and he knew good and well to watch where he stepped. He just wanted to hurry and get the whole thing over with, especially since he was set to hang with Heaven.

With Shamira still on his heels about her so-called pregnancy, he hoped she didn't mess up what he had developing with someone who actually liked him. Things were still fresh with Heaven, but she picked up his calls and responded to his texts - two of the basic things that Shamira failed to do when they were together, showing that her true interest was his growing money.

When Quan first arrived to Philly he was a sheltered kid whose only expertise was in video games and football, but six months later he felt like a whole new man - one who was much more street smart and could peep anything from afar. He refused to let Shamira pull a fast one on him, and she would just have to figure out things on her own just like he had.

He was determined to take care of his family now that he was the man of the house. He didn't respect his mother like how he used to, since it was clear she chose sides with a man who didn't even love her enough to protect her.

Instead, he did everything in his power to tear her down and make sure both her and the kids they brought into the world together would go without. But it wasn't his or his siblings fault that they had been born to such dysfunctional parents, and if he had the power to change their circumstances that's exactly what he was going to do. Starting with the corner.

After a few minutes passed, the blacked out silver Pontiac pulled up in front of the chink spot - giving Quan two beeps to gain his attention. He stepped forward, the sound of the door unlocking allowing him to open the passenger side door and step inside.

"What's good?"

"What up youngin." The man known as Havoc greeted, "You got my bread?"

Quan nodded, "Yup. You got the drop off?"

"In the back seat...you need a ride anywhere? I would hate for you to lose that package, that's some heavy shit back there."

Quan agreed with that. He didn't need anything interfering with the smooth transaction, and who knew what was lurking in North at that time of night, just waiting for him to slip up.

"Yeah, I'd appreciate that. I'm right up by the term, you know where that's at?" Quan asked as Havoc pulled off.

"Aiight, it's free this time - but you should be looking into a whip if you tryna move weight this big. Too many niggas out here waiting for a come up."