43.THE WATER MIRROR PALACE

Coldness seeped into her body, layer by layer, as she sank to the lake. When she was about to touch the bottom, a strong vortex opened and sucked her into a hole, leaving a few bubbles at the surface that froze quickly.

Satisfied, he turned around, with a slight smile playing on his lips.

*************************

Xiufeng and little red huddled closely to Wan Huang, who was lying on the floor.

When she was drowning, little red and xiufeng were about to jump out from the Red jade palace to save her, but before they could do so, she was sucked in by a powerful force and lost her consciousness.

Never did they expect to be thrown into such an exquisite place. Sensing there would be no danger for the time being, both of them waited patiently for Wan Huang to wake up.

The coldness that invaded her body receded, loosening her stiffened muscles. Warmth slowly flooded into her body, caressing her numbed senses, pulling her back into reality. Her eyes slowly opened to take in the concerned expressions of Xiufeng and little red. Spending a moment blankly staring into space, she returned to normal.

She was now inside a building or more precisely, a palace, its walls made of water that shined like a mirror, chandeliers made up of numerous luminous pearls and floors paved with glittering corals.

She stood up and walked in the direction of the closed door opposite her.

A melodious voice sounded in her head, beckoning her forwards to open the door. Entranced, she reached out to open the door, closely followed by Xiufeng and little red.

In the middle of the room, there was a fountain surrounded by exquisite pearls.  The water was filled with pure spirit QI, glimmering beneath the luminescent pearls, emitting a sweet smell.

"The thousand spring water”. Gasped Xiufeng. He clicked his tongue in admiration, “Girl, you do have luck”.

The thousand spring waters was the last ingredient she needed to concoct the elixir, along with the bowing fairy flower and essence flame.

Without wasting a second, Wan Huang entered the Red jade palace, with the spring water, and started concocting the elixir.

*****************************

Days passed outside. The lava valley which has always been barren and silent was now teeming with flocks of cultivators who came to study the changes that happened here recently.

The bubbling lava pools and the active fire spitting mountains died, leaving behind hardened black craters and fireless mountains in their wake. The frying temperatures cooled down, making it possible for everyone to visit now.

Everyone exerted their spiritual energy to probe the surroundings to find out the reason behind such a great change, but met with unsatisfying results.

All of them lingered in the lava valley for about a month, before leaving for their respective sects, with unfruitful outcomes.

***************

In the water mirror palace, sounds of fighting came from behind a closed door. The intensity of the fighting was at its peak, one not bowing to the other.

Xiufeng and little red waited outside the door. Xiufeng focused on cultivating, while little red was drawing circles on the floor, bored to death. Countless concentric circles overlapped one another, making one dizzy to look at it.

The sounds of fighting ceased in the room and the door clicked open. Xiufeng and little red dashed into the room, to see the weak Wan Huang lying on the floor. Countless wounds clotted with blood signified how horrific the fighting was. Xiufeng supported Wan Huang into sitting and then suddenly, massive whirls of spiritual Qi rushed into her body.