49.STARTING SECLUSION

The next day after selections, senior disciples from the inner sect came to take the newly selected disciples to the inner sect.

Each peak had sent its disciples except for the starlight peak, which had no disciples. The new disciples followed their seniors to their respective peaks while Wan Huang and Wan Fang were left at the bottom of the starlight peak.

A handsome youth descended from the starlight peak stopping in front of Wan Huang and Wan Fang.

“Good day young ladies, I am the personal servant of Master Murong, Cai Feng". He spoke with a gentle smile on his face. "I was tasked by Master to take you both up the peak, I have arranged your courtyard and later Master will give you instructions".

"There aren't much rules in our peak. You are free to roam everywhere, but never trespass to master's courtyard unless he summons you both". He then rambled on about miscellaneous things.

In short, what he conveyed was apart from Master Murong, Cai Feng, Wan Huang and Wan Fang there was nobody else living in the peak and Master Murong was in seclusion all the time so it was upto them what to do with their lives.

Their first day on starlight peak was spent settling in and gaining a basic understanding about the peak and Master Murong's behaviour.

The second day morning, Wan Huang and Wan Fang was summoned by Master Murong.

"I saw your perfomance both during the outer sect and inner sect selection trials. Your talents are not bad but your current cultivation levels are far from satisfactory on my scale. With such low cultivation, how will you stand against a stronger rival? The world around you is not just East Yue continent, its much bigger and when compared to them, your cultivation is at the beginner level".

"I will give you two years time. Raise your cultivation to the profound Heaven realm and if you cannot, then you will be thrown out from the inner sect. Take these tomes and come out with results satisfying to me". He waved his hand and excused them.

Wan Fang was a bit disappointed at Master Murong's indifference. Both of them were at profound sky realm, and yet he deemed it as nothing. And in just two years, they were expected to raise their cultivation to profound Heaven realm.

She turned to look at Wan Huang and saw the latter had no such expression on her face as if silently and openly agreeing watever Master Murong said was correct.

The next day, Cai Feng led them to the cave where they were to undergo seclusion. Settling them in he returned to report to Master.

“Master, both of them have settled in”.

Master Murong nodded his head.

“Master, finally the prophecy is starting, isn't it? Will it again end like the last time?” Cai Feng's concerned voice darkened master Murong’s face.

“It won't. Let's hope she will be strong enough to face face everything”. Hope could be heard in his voice.

Wan Huang entered the Red jade palace as soon as she settled down.

“Xiufeng, little red, we'll have each other's company for a while now. Let's work together and find the purpose of entering the sect as per my master's advice".

Xiufeng and little red got all fired up by her determination. Well, they both might quarrel frequently, but compared to their master's mission, it was all trivial. Both were secretly happy to spend some time with her after so long

Carrying the cultivation manuals Master Murong gave, she entered her usual practice room inside the Red Jade palace.

Free from any missions to complete or daily lessons, she now had enough time to practice her pill refining and step up in ranks. Moreover now she had nine days inside red jade palace compared to one day outside and not improving means wastage of resources.

Wan Huang opened the first book master Murong gave her.

"Fire whorl: level 7 technique".

She opened the book and started comprehending it carefully.

It was a more advanced technique of fire elemental attribute than she had learned so far. A technique suitable for those at heaven rank, she was perplexed as to why master Murong would give her this technique.

Getting over her confusion, she started practicing it.

Xiufeng and little red was sitting at the corner of the room. Truthfully, they didnt want to be seperated from their master even while cultivating. Without causing any disturbance to her, both of them focused on cultivating together with her.

In another part of the cave, Wan Fang was seated on a rock, trying to focus on cultivating. With a guide to step up the ranks, she was now pressured to go up atleast six or seven ranks, before her seclusion ends.

She was a bit suspicious about her life since she entered the Celestial jade sect.

From meeting her mysterious master when she was eight and his advice to enter the celestial jade sect before his mysterious disappearence, her  journey was smooth till now, as if someone has already planned and laid out for her. She couldn't simply dismiss it as a nonsense.

Intution told her she had a great responsibility coming in the future that required her to be strong.

For now, she had to focus on cultivation, rest she can check for it after she has gained some strength.

Fire technique level 4: Burning hands

Wan Fang started cultivating according to the method told in the book.