44.FROG IN THE WELL

The grand leader of the outer sect sat silently, sipping his tea, while the pavilion master was filled with curiosity.

“I heard you both took three missions of high difficulty level. Tell me about it”.

Wan Fang glanced at Wan Huang perplexed, but the latter replied without fear.

“We took three missions. First two was medium difficulty level and the third was high difficulty level”.

“ How did you hunt the grizzly ice bear? Tell me about the freezing snow lands”.

Wan Huang explained about the freezing snow lands and the features of the grizzly ice bear briefly.

Hearing her words, the pavilion master couldn't help glancing at the grand leader, but maintained his calm manner in front of them.

After hearing the details, he told them, they could take their mission points and leave.

“Your outer sect sure hides dragons and crouching tigers”. The pavilion master chuckled at the grand leader, who just smiled in reply, his eyes deep in thought.

“I'll add these two to our bet. They both will enter the inner sect; old man, what do you say?” Pavilion master was happy to spice things up. The grand leader rolled his eyes in exasperation at the pavilion master's antics.

Receiving sixty thousand honor points, Wan Huang and Wan Fang returned to their room, preparing themselves for the trials.

Wan Huang took out the remaining half bottle of elixir that helped her rise to cyan core and gave it to Wan Fang. Although it will not raise her core, it can help her breakthrough into the profound sky realm.

Since she had already reached the profound Sky realm level 8, what she now needed to do was to consolidate her strength, rather than rushing to breakthrough into the next realm. Her cyan core has now placed her among the top cultivators level, she now needed to take things slowly and steadily.

Leaving Wan Fang to cultivate herself, she withdrew into the red jade palace to draw up her plans with xiufeng.

***
As most of the disciples returned to the sect, the topic of interest that circulated in the outer sect was about Wan Bei.

Wan Bei thanks to Master Cang's help went out to train with the top Five of the outer sect, returned with awe-inspiring results. Now at profound Sky realm level 2, she was really a wonder at the outer sect, a talented, hardworking cultivator to the masters and a source of motivation to the fellow disciples.

Everyone wanted to congratulate her and get some tips from her, but seeing as she returned to cultivate herself without wasting a second, they stifled their urges and went back to prepare themselves.

Wan Bei was at cloud nine after she received the news of her marriage annulment with Chu Tianyin from Master Cang, but kept the mask of indifference from exposing it.

Everything was going as she planned. Although being accepted by Master Cang was a massive surplus, the rest of her journey was smooth and steady.

Looking back, she was just a young lady from an aristocratic background of a small country with slightly better gifts compared to the rest.

But it was only when she reached here, did she realized, she was nothing but a frog in a well, with a narrow outlook on this world. Her entire world was just living luxuriously at the highest position, which was worth nothing compared to the glory she could receive in the future.

So, she jumped out of the well, into this large world, setting out to carve a path for herself. Her talents brought her surprises at every turn, turning her from a pampered girl into a cultivator everyone respects and admires.

Look, she was no longer restrained by the shackles of filial piety or moral constraints. She did not need to bow down to their wishes and decisions. She had a supportive master, admirers, the company of strong cultivators, when she gets into the inner sect, even her family might have to bow down to her. Yes, this is the life she was destined for, rather than being the crown princess of a small country.

She was destined to grow further, standing atop of the cultivators of east yue continent.

While Wan Bei was immersed in her grand dream, there was one person who was frustrated to the bones. It was none other than Chu Tianyin.

He had been out training for the sect trials, so it was too late when he got news of his marriage agreement with Wan Bei annulled at the request of her master, Master Cang.

He ditched the trash, Wan Huang for Wan Bei as he thought she would make a better candidate for crown princess position. Not only that, but he was also sure about her hidden affections for him. So, he boldly announced the annulment and changed Wan Huang for Wan Bei as his crown princess.

Initially, he had her under his control, but later, she broke out of his control, with her growth. He could do nothing but watch as she gained the attention of the masters with her talents. So, he pleaded with his father emperor to rush their marriage, so she would stay under his hands, but then she got selected by Master Cang, the grand master level pill refiner of the inner sect.

Then everything spiraled out of control. Thanks to her master, she successfully wriggled out of the marriage arrangement, leaving him humiliated. He even slumped at his cultivation, stuck at the bottleneck phase of profound earth realm.

He wanted to talk to her about it, but she shut the doors to cultivate, leaving him no chance. Frustrated, he could only pace around her room every morning and evening expecting to create a chance encounter.

Was this retribution? He conspired to eliminate Wan Huang, who was a trash, for Wan Bei who he thought was perfect. He annulled the marriage, although she was the one who did it eventually, creating opportunity for him and Wan Bei, but now he was thrown away like a dirt by her.

She substituted her sister Wan Bao for her and threw away all ties of relationship with him. Of course she has the grounds to do it, now that she had a strong backer.

Dejected, he could only return to his room and try hard to break through into the next realm.

All disciples of the outer sect busied themselves in last-minute preparations for the upcoming sect trials, except for one person.

Under the cover of darkness, Wan Huang stealthily moved towards the courtyard where the male disciples stayed.

Previously, when she was harmed by Ren Weilin, Ren Yun lian and her cronies, she swore to pay them back for their sins. But because she was caught in the punishment and subsequent travelling, she had to postpone it.

Now, the chance had come.

She reached the room of the three cronies, and saw them fast asleep. She silently entered the room and lit an incense, and drugged their water with some white powder. Lastly, she replaced their pills with one of her creations and left as silently as she entered.

She turned her head to take a last look. Sleep well, your retribution is around the corner.

Well, they could only blame themselves for crossing her.