Meeting the Straw Hat Pirates

Hello, pirates, marines, bounty hunters, and etc. My name is Kaito, and I ate a Devil Fruit that I have no idea what it does, except that it made my body extremely durable against blunt attacks. I used to sail across the Grand Line with my merchant/explorer parents, -who sometimes act like pirates, but aren't, unless provoked A.K.A. someone messes with their family/crew- "Brute Force" Guraso and "Tranquil" Kaylee. Although, they sent me flying before one of the Shichibukai, Seven Warlords of the Sea, would probably kill the entire crew, including me.

(A/N: This ⤵ is what Kaito looks like, but without the Skypiea people's wings.)

Since then, I've been living on the outskirts of the lawless island, Jaya, with a man named Cricket Montblanc and two big monkeys, Masira and Shoujo, for the past ten years

Since then, I've been living on the outskirts of the lawless island, Jaya, with a man named Cricket Montblanc and two big monkeys, Masira and Shoujo, for the past ten years. We've been a salvaging family of a sort, always trying to find the city of gold that Cricket's ancestor, Noland, once saw and said that it must've sunken into the sea. No one ever believed him nor his descendants, but I definitely believe him that the city of gold he saw is real.

Anyway, I was in Mock Town one day, running some errands and buying supplies, when I hear a woman in a bar ask about the Sky Island, and then gets laughed at as she leaves.

Although, I walk up to her, and she looks somewhat familiar from a wanted poster, maybe, and ask, "Do you really want to reach Skypiea?" "Yes, of course. Our log post started pointing up." she answers. "Then, you might want to talk to the man on the outskirts of the island." I tell her as I hand her a map of the island with an X where Cricket's house is, "He can help."

Later, I see a ship by Cricket's house and most of the crew inside our house who are treating Cricket with Masira and Shoujo there too. "Oh, hello. You guys must be the woman's crew mates. Nice to meet all of you and thanks for helping Cricket." I greet. We then trade introductions for who we are. While they're doctor, Tony Tony Chopper, and a few others treat Cricket more, Monkey D. Luffy, the captain, talks to Masira, Shoujo, and me outside.

"So you guys live here too?" Luffy asks. "Well," Masira explains, "the boss' house is also the main base for the Saruyama Alliance, but... We usually sleep on own our ships." "This house is too small for us, after all. Uohohoho!" Shoujo adds. "Nah, it's you guys who are too big. Then again, compared to the giants, even you guys are only as big as their boogers." Then, I interject, "And I've been living here with them for the past ten years. Cricket took me in when I had nowhere to go after I landed here." "Yeah, but I'm surprised you managed to send this guy flyin' high despite your small frame." Shoujo comments about Masira as I wonder, "Wait, really?!" Then, Luffy tells him that Shoujo could probably do it too as Chopper says that Cricket is awake.

As Shoujo sent Masira flying away a kick, and I get a laugh out of it, Luffy goes to talk with Cricket. And so, Cricket told the Straw Hats the truth about his ancestor, Noland. I swear, it makes me tear up every time I hear it. The crew's long-nosed, lying -so I've been told- sniper, Usopp, assumed that Cricket is trying to find the city of gold to wipe away his whole family's dishonor, but Cricket yelled, "DON'T BE STUPID!" as he fired his gun near him. He then explains the actual reason why he's trying to find the golden city as well as why the two monkeys are helping out too.

Luffy gets impatient and yells that he just wants to know how to get to Sky island. So, Cricket hands the crew's navigator, Nami, Noland's logbook, and she starts reading while her crew mates get excited. Cricket and I head outside, and the old man suggests that we lend the Straw Hats a hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm sorry for short chapter. There'll be longer chapters sooner or later, I promise

P.S. Might as well add how many words are in each chapter. So here's the 780 words for this chapter.