one

abigail zegras was shaken awake by her older twin brother, trevor.

"what do you want?" abigail, also known as abby, barked at her brother who was standing at the side of her bed.

"all of the boys are coming at 2 and they want to go for lunch but i need to pick my car up at the dealer, will you drive me over?" trevor begged.

"fine, let me get dressed. you can go start the car for me." she said as she grabbed her keys off her nightstand and tossed them to her brother.

"perfect!! love you sis!" trevor shrieked as he ran out her bedroom door.

abby crawled out of her warm bed and went to the chair in the corner of her room that was littered with clothing. she grabbed one of trevor's old hockey hoodies and a pair of lululemon leggings and began to change into them.

she was just grabbing her phone and slipping her feet into her converse when her phone vibrated in her hand.

soph❣
we're getting ready for the party together right?

sophia was abby's best friend. they had met on the first day of grade 6 when sophia's dad got a job with the detroit red wings front office and moved the family to plymouth.

abby knew trevor would be getting impatient sitting in her car so she quickly sent an 'of course, come at 7' text to her best friend and walked down the stairs and out to her car.

"about time." trevor said as abby opened the door and got into her car.

"shut up." abby said ad she buckled her seatbelt and backed out of their driveway.

the two zegras siblings sat in silence just listening to the radio until they were only a few minutes away from the car dealership when trevor broke the silence, "is sophia coming tonight?"

"well, yes. do you think we would throw a party if my best friend couldn't come? hell no." abby said as she pulled into the car dealership.

"just making sure she's coming." trevor said.

"make a move already jeez." abby said as she pulled into a parking spot and trevor got out of the car.

trevor has had the biggest crush on abby's best friend, sophia for as long as sophia and abby have been friends. the two best friends are just waiting for the moment where the two young adults finally admit their feelings for each other.

abby snapped out of her thoughts about her best friend and brother dating and scrolled through her instagram before leaving the car dealership when she saw her brother emerge and get into his car.

------

abby and sophia were upstairs getting ready when they heard the first knock on the door followed by trevor greeting what sounded like his teammates/best friends.

"is the whole team coming tonight?" sophia asked as she straightened the last piece of her long blonde hair.

abby, who was lying on her bed while scrolling through her instagram replied to her blonde haired best friend, "yeah, it was supposed to be a team bonding thing with only the guys but then turned out to be a house party with half of the plymouth high graduating class coming."

"oh, we love that!" sophia shrieked.

sophia, finally was finished getting ready and the girls were ready to head downstairs to join the festivities.

"wait! let's get emma to take a photo!" abby said as they walked out of her room.

emma zegras was the youngest of the zegras children and probably the most talented out of the 3. emma was the captain of her hockey team, a star track and cross country runner and on top of all that, an honour roll student being recruited by universities all over the country.

the two girls walked down the hallway to emma's room and knocked before opening the door to see emma and her two best friends, kaitlyn and brittany getting ready for the party.

"you guys look hot!" emma exclaimed, "trying to hook up with one of trev's teammates?"

"shut up em." abby told her little sister.

"yeah we totally are! it's not like trevor wouldn't kill us or anything if we did!!" sophia said before laughing.

"can you take a photo of us?" abby said bringing the conversation back.

"i will!" kaitlyn said jumping up off emma's bed.

abby and sophia posed for kaitlyn to take the photo.

"i took a bunch. if you post them on insta, make sure you tag me so all the ntdp boys follow me!" brittany exclaimed.

the two older girls rolled their eyes as they walked out of emma's room and said, "thanks girls."

the two girls walked down the front staircase that led into the party and walked straight into a house full of drunk hockey boys.

"no guys in the room tonight." the two girls turned to face each other and said at the same time. "deal."