seventeen

abby had just finished her night routine and was crawling into bed when she realized that she had never texted jack after the game.

from ab❤️
great game babe! you played so good!😘

thanks beautiful❤️ i think you're gonna have to come to all the games from now on... i liked having you in the stands😘

i loved being number 6's biggest fan❤️

& i loved having you as my #1 fan 😘

i heard you met my mom... how did it go?

she told you?

i think it went good actually, she's really sweet and warm and welcoming

ya she said you're an absolute sweetheart and very beautiful 

aww🥺 that's so sweet

she's completely right too, you are beautiful and an absolute sweetheart and i think i might be falling in love with you....

oh jack, you are so sweet❤️

but seriously though, i love you abigail zegras

and i don't care if you don't feel the same strong feelings as i do just yet, i just wanted to say it to you

i think i'm in love with a hockey player

that hockey player better be me

of course it's you

i love you hughesy

i think that's the 4 best words anyone has ever said to me

hehehe, you're cute

wow do i so ever wanna hug you right now

i'm on my way, i want a hug so bad 🥺

abby jumped out of bed, quickly grabbed one of jack's hoodies, her phone, keys and as fast but as quietly as she could left her bedroom and down the stairs and outside to her car.

she quickly turned her car on, and backed out of the driveway and took off towards jack's house.

she was halfway there when she saw her phone light up in the cup holder.
no way

are you actually coming

holy shit

you're actually coming

wow

it's 1am

you're crazy zegras

holy i love you so much ab

when abby turned onto to jack's street, she saw the young man sitting on the curb in front of his house.

she slowed down and parked right in front of him and got out of the car.

"you're crazy zegras." jack said with a smirk as abby was getting out of her car.

"crazy about you maybe." abby said smiling up at her slighter taller boyfriend.

jack placed his hand on her cheek and pulled abby in and placed a kiss on her lips.

"that was so worth the drive over here." abby said as she unlocked her lips from jack.

"i'd sure hope so." jack said with a smirk, "it's really late though and we have school tomorrow babe."

abby's smile and face dropped.

"hey," jack said as he lifted abby's chin up to make her look him in the eyes, "don't be sad. you'll see me in like 7 hours."

"i know." abby said regaining the smile on her face.

"come here love." jack said as he extended his arms.

abby stepped forward into jack's arms and wrapped herself around him.

jack placed a kiss on her cheek before saying, "i wasn't joking when i texted you that i love you."

"i wasn't either." abby said pulling herself away from jack.

"i love you so much already ab, i can't wait to see how much further i'm gonna fall in love with you." jack said with a smile.

"i love you long time hughesy." abby said before leaning in for one final kiss.

abby turned and got back into her jeep, turned her car and rolled down the window.

"goodnight j." abby said as she leaned against the window of her car.

"sweet dreams my love." jack said before leaning in and placing one final kiss on his girlfriends lips, "see you tomorrow morning."

jack backed away from the jeep and abby drove away leaving jack standing on the curb watching his girlfriend drive away.

———

abby arrived at home and quietly snuck back into her house and up to her room.

as soon as she arrived in her room, she crawled back into her bed and buried her head into the hoodie she was wearing.

abby fell asleep with the smell of jack filling her bed.