nineteen

flash forward to friday

"the boys played really good tonight eh?" mrs.zegras asked her daughter and her boyfriends new girlfriend and her daughters best friend, sophia as they waited in the main concourse for their boys to emerge.

"they did!" abby exclaimed.

"i can't believe jack got another hat trick! he's on fire." sophia said as abby was typing a text to jack.

abby quickly typed the rest of the message and sent the text before saying, "i know, i'm so excited for him."

she returned to looking down at her phone to re-read the message,

great game lovie 😘 another hat trick!!🥳 can't wait to fall asleep in your arms tonight❤️

she had not even looked up yet when she heard the familiar voice of her older twin brother greeting sophia.

"hey sweetheart." trevor said before bringing sophia in for a hug.

abby could see him whispering something in her ear that caused sophia to blush.

"gosh, they are so cute." was all abby could think as she watched her best friend and her brother interact.

"hey ab." trevor said with a smile before going on to give their mom a hug.

"you played great tonight hun!" mrs.zegras said to her first born.

"ya, it was a really good win for the team. happy to see rowdy get another hat trick and cole snipe a few. that's really helping them with the scouts." trevor said to the group.

trevor had not even finished his sentence when jack had emerged from the team USA dressing room and up onto the concourse.

the slightly empty concourse got louder with all the waiting people, both fans and family and friends, cheered to congratulate him on his second hat trick in only two games.

but the sounds of claps and congratulations being said in his direct didn't faze jack. he only had his eye on one thing, abby.

abby immediately began walking towards him when she knew he was coming towards her.

as soon as she got close enough, her arms extended and soon enough, she had wrapped herself around the very muscular hockey player in a hug.

"good game babe!" abby said as they hugged.

"thanks ab." jack said before burying his head into abby's neck. abby could feel the smile on jack's face when he whispered i love you into her ear.

"ok, enough is enough. hold the cuteness till tonight, we have a party to set up." trevor said trying to break up abby and jack's hug.

"be safe everyone, i'll talk to you all tomorrow night?" mrs.zegras said to the four young adults.

"yep, bye momma." abby said before hugging her mom.

"bye sweetheart, bye jack. have fun tonight and tomorrow." mrs.zegras said to abby and jack before they left the group and began walking out to abby's car hand in hand.

———-

abby, jack, trevor, and sophia had set everything up in the basement and the main level of the hughes family home for the friday night ntdp party and were up in respective rooms getting ready.

"does this shirt look ok with these pants?" abby asked jack as she looked down at the yellow tube top and blue ripped skinny jeans that she was wearing.

"you look beautiful." jack said as his eyes wandered up and down his girlfriend's body, "you look almost too good."

abby smirked before placing a kiss on jack's cheek.

jack stepped forward and began tracing light circles up and down abby's arm.

"i like this shirt." jack said as he lightly moved his arm up and down the side of her upper body, "but i think you'd look even better without it on."

"you're bad eh hughesy?" abby said with a smirk.

"don't even pretend you don't like it, zegras." jack said with his signature smirk very prominent on his face.

jack began placing light kisses all over the exposed skin on abby's neck which chase abby's head to roll back.

jack took notice to abby's enjoyment and stopped. he placed his finger on her chin and brought her head back up to normal to look him in the eyes.

"that's enough for now." jack said with a smirk.

"now who's the real tease?" abby said with a pout.

"still you, zegras." jack said before turning away and moving around to his nightstand where he opened the top drawer and took out a little silver box before moving back to where abby was standing.

"what's this?" abby asked as jack handed her the box.

"i saw this when i went shopping with cole when he was buying his abby's birthday gift and i knew it would look great on you." jack said as abby looked up from the little box that was sitting in her hands, "open it."

abby opened the little jewelry box to reveal a thin gold chain with a j initial attached to it,"jack." abby gasped, "it's beautiful."

"just like you." jack said with a smile.

"i love you so much, jack." abby said before throwing her arms around jack's neck.

"i love you too ab." jack said reciprocating the hug. "let me put it on you."

"can i take a picture of it first? it just looks so beautiful in the box." abby asked.

jack nodded and abby pulled her phone out of her back jeans pocket and took a quick picture of the necklace and note in the box and posted it on her snapchat story before handing the box to jack.

abby turned around and jack immediately grouped abby's long hair and moved it to the side before placing the necklace around her neck.

jack did the clasp up and placed a kiss on the back of abby's neck before reaching around to her ear and said, "i wasn't lying on my note, you will be abby hughes one day."

abby turned around with small tears strolling down her face, "i love you forever, j."

"i love you too sweetheart." jack said as he used his thumb to wipe away the tears on abby's face, "now let's go party."

abby smiles at her boyfriend who led her downstairs to the party.