two

it was shortly after midnight when abby found herself sitting at her families kitchen island by herself scrolling through twitter with a glass of wine in her hand.

"where the heck is soph?" she thought to herself.

abby began trying to remember where she could have possibly lost her best friend when she felt a tap on her shoulder. she turned around and there stood captain of the u18 team, jack hughes looking as hot as ever.

"hey, i'm jack!" he said as he climbed onto the bar stool beside abby.

"abby." she said as she shook his hand.

"do you come to ntdp hockey parties often?" jack asked before taking a sip out of his beer.

"well yeah, this is my house and my twin brother is your teammate and one of your best friends."

jack's mouth dropped, "oh my gosh, you're zegras' other sister! i had no idea! i've only met emma, i'm so sorry!"

abby couldn't help but laugh at jack's last comment, "don't worry about it."

"well, it's very nice to meet you beautiful."

abby's cheeks reddened after that comment, "it's nice to meet you as well."

"so tell me about yourself miss.zegras."

the two young adults talked until well after the party had ended and the sun was starting to rise.

"holy shit, it's the morning!" abby shrieked when she saw the suns ray's starting to beam through the patio door they were sitting in front of. "come with me."

the two rose from the bar stools that they had been sitting for the last 4 or 5 hours and abby led her new friend upstairs.

"it's too late for you to go home, you can stay in here." abby said as she opened the guess bedroom that revealed fellow ntdp teammates, cole caufield and alex turcotte lying in bed asleep. "okay nevermind, i guess you can just stay with me. trevor is probably in his room."

"sounds good to me." jack said as the two walked into her room. "your room is huge!"

"master bedroom baby." abby said as she grabbed 2 of trevor's old hockey hoodies and tossed one of them at jack who was already lying on her bed. "that's trev's, it'll fit ya. i have a pair of his sweatpants in my drawer, i'll grab them for ya."

abby moved across the room, grabbed a pair of pyjama pants for herself and the sweatpants for jack before turning to face the bed.

she was greeted with a shirtless jack slipping the hoodie over his head, "like what you see?"

abby blushed and tossed the sweatpants his way before slipping out of her clothes and changing into her pyjamas. she made her way over to her bed and slipped in beside jack.

"i hope you don't mind, i'm a spooner when i sleep." jack said looking into abby's eyes.

"i'd never complain about you." abby said with a smirk on her face.

"smirk note often, it's a good look for you."

"oh stop hughes."

"goodnight ab." jack said before placing a kiss on abby's forehead.

"goodnight hughes." abby said before rolling over and falling asleep in jack's arms.

------

abby woke up to the sound of doors slamming downstairs. she felt jack's arms tighten around her waist and turned her head and saw a peaceful jack fast asleep nuzzled up behind her.

abby reached for her phone that was plugged in on her nightstand and proceeded to answering snapchats not caring about her morning post-drinking morning face.

abby proceeded to posting the photo of her and sophia from last night trying to wait for jack to wake up.

she selected the photo and posted it on instagram,

@abbyzegras: bestie bestie ❣ tagged: @sophiajohnson

tagged: @sophiajohnson

abby was just scrolling through twitter when she finally heard jack stir.

"good morning." jack said before abby rolled over to face the freshly awaken hockey player.

"good morning sleepy head, sleep well?" she asked as jack rubbed his eyes.

"obviously, i had a beautiful girl beside me."

abby blushed before her phone vibrated indicating a text.

soph❤
starbucks with trev, me, you & whoever is in bed with you?

ab😇
it's jack and sure give us 5

"wanna go to starbucks with trev and my friend sophia?" abby asked as she turned her phone off.

"sure, i'd love too but only if you add me on snapchat so i can talk to you after." jack bargained.

"fine, it's abbyzegras." abby said as she crawled out of bed.

she grabbed her keys and her phone and turned to face jack once again, "ready?" she asked.

"going like that?" jack asked as he rose from the bed.

"yeah? problem with that?"

"no, you look beautiful." jack said as he walked over to abby, placed his hand on her shoulder and leaned in and kissed her.

"you don't look too bad yourself hughes." abby said before leaning in to kiss the tall hockey player again.

abby finally pulled away from jack before saying, "c'mon cutie, we're gonna be late."

the couple left abby's room and walked down the stairs to meet the other 2 teenagers before leaving the zegras family home to head to starbucks.