seven

it had only been 3 days since the ntdp team had left for chicago and abby was already missing her new friend, jack.

"just facetime him, ab. trev and i are facetiming at 11pm, after they get back to the hotel from their game, you should call jack then." sophia said to her best friend, abby as the two of them talked on facetime while the two were lying on their respective beds doing homework.

"you're right, soph."

"always am. i gotta go help my mom with groceries, tell me how it goes tonight."

"ok, love ya." abby said before she hung up the facetime call.

the teenager lied in bed finishing homework until she felt the urge to text her new friend.

                                 to: jack huuuughes🏒
heyy hughes😛

hey beautiful😇 what's popping?

            just laying in bed doing homework, what are you guys up to in big chi town?

just chilling with the boys before team dinner, was an off day today so just explored the city with everybody!! wish i was cuddling up in your bed watching you do your homework🥺

                               you're cute hughesy🥰

all the boys were facetiming their girls last night during team cuddles and i so wanted to facetime you but i didn't know if you'd answer 🙁

          i so would have answered you jack, i've been missing a certain hockey player if i'm being quite honest🧐

only knew each other for 6 days and you're already missing me? good sign!! let's go babyyyyy

                             you're crazy hughesy😂

crazy for you maybe abs😘

                                       got me blushin 🥰

fuck i would so cuddle the crap out of you if i was in plymouth right now

                                          come homeeeee

3 and a half more days bb!!

sleepover when i get home?🥺

                                            deal deal deal!!

i'll bring the pyjamas and snacks, you supply the bed & be ready for major amounts of cuddles!!

                                                   can't wait!!

i gotta go, the boys are getting ready for dinner

                        okayy, say hi to trev for me!!

will do sweetheart, what are you up to tonight at like 11?

                                           facetiming you?

read my mind, talk to you then😘

abby locked her phone with the biggest smile on her face before emerging to the bottom level of her families house to join the rest of her family.

"hey ab, have you talked to trev today?" abby's mom asked as she sat down on one of the same bar stools that she sat with jack a few nights before.

"no, but sophia has been and jack said he would say hi to him for me." i replied before unlocking my phone.

"jack? as in jack hughes? team captain jack? number one NHL draft prospect jack hughes?" my mom questioned me.

"uhhh i guess so yes."

"since when do you talk to him ab?"

"just since saturday, he was one of the guys who came over."

"ohhh, he's a sweetheart Abby, a real catch, comes from a good family too."

"oh goodie! don't rush me into a marriage here, mom."

"just sayingggg." mrs.zegras said as she opened the refrigerator door, "It's just the two of us for dinner tonight, sweetie, since emma and dad are at practice."

"panera?" abby asked looking up from her phone.

"meet you in the car in 10." mrs.zegras said as she left the family kitchen and made her way to the staircase leading to the parents bedroom.

abby made her way out to her mom's Escalade and jumped into the passenger seat.

as she waited for her mother, she pulled out her phone and posted an instagram photo.

————

@abbyzegras: only 3 more sleeps320 likes

320 likes

@sophiajohnson: that's my shirt

@emmazegras: that's my room

@colecaufield: @jackhughes_

@_alexturcotte: @jackhughes_

@patrickmoynihan: @jackhughes_

@jackhughes_: that's my girl

———-
i'm gonna hopefully try and update more often now!