CHAPTER 16

We slept the entire trip to Egypt, no alcohol needed, we were both clearly wiped out.

The heat was intense as we got of the plane, it was only 9 in the morning and it was already at boiling point, I took off my jacket and said "Geeze , its boiling".

"Yes, I think we need to find a place that has the correct clothing, maybe at one of the many markets", says hunter.

"First we need to find a place to store our gear, away from prying eyes, like a storage locker or something", I said.

"Like a hotel safe", said hunter.

"Yes sorry, watched to many spy movies", I laughed.

"It's okay, I am worried where to store these books and stuff too", said hunter.

"Okay well lets find a hotel first, one of the beaten track, and then we will figure where to stash our stuff, I need a shower, like bad", I said.

We walked through the many security gates at the airport and then got in a taxi, hunter asked the driver, for an of the beaten path hotel, and the driver told hunter that his cousin had a place we could stay, and hunter gave him an extra tip for taking us and keeping his silence, he told him we were here on a dig and didn't want the officials to find out, that seemed to make the driver happy and he took us to Nafiha's place.

"This is Nafiha's place, you like, very good, air conditioning and good shower, yes" said Jacob the driver.

"Yes thank you Jacob", i said as we got out of the car, he helped us with our bags and took us into what honestly looked like a house with a garden and a tall wall around it, tall enough so you couldn't see inside, perfect I thought.

He went into the house and we were met by a older version of Jacob, he began to speak in Hebrew till Jacob told him in English to knock off the touristy shit, apparently they were both from Peckham in England and had an uncle leave the house to them, Nafiha and I talked all about London, all the way to our room, they really were nice guys, and promised no-one would hurt there mates if they had anything to do with it, and if anyone should come calling , Nafiha said they would send them off into the desert, Jacob said he would send them to a camel dung farm, apparently it was an actual place, something to do with compost, hunter in turn offered them a place to stay should they ever want to come to New York, this made them positively giddy.

Once we reached our room, the view was really cool, over looking the garden, it had a on suite bathroom, and running hot and cold water, in this heat I wondered when you would ever use the hot, it had a king size bed with a net all around it.

"Do you know of a bank near by" asked hunter.

"You need cash", said Nafiha.

"No a place to store our valuables, passports that sort of thing", I said.

"Wait I have the perfect thing for you", and he went to a map of Egypt on the wall that was in a picture frame and took it off the wall and lo and behold there was a safe.

"Perfect", said hunter.

Jacob punched some numbers in and then said to hunter, "put your own code in once you put your valuables in, that way no one, not even us can open it, just give us the code when you leave for the next guests".

"Resource-full" said hunter.

"This is Egypt every second person you meet has something from a dig they don't want anyone to know about", Jacob laughed.

"Thanks now I need to take a shower", i said.

"Very well, will you be wanting English food for dinner or the authentic Egypt shite", Jacob laughed.