Buttermilk cookies, Macrons, Strawberry Shortcake, Sugar Bread, Redvelvet Che..

Before we begin the full chapter name is
Buttermilk cookies, Macrons, Strawberry shortcake, Sugar bread, red velvet cheesecake with gram cracker crusts.

--------------------

It took three weeks.

Barely.

The new place was already taking shape. It looked much better.

The windows had been changed completely, Sugar had insisted that she wanted windows; Mark paid for those, the floors had been changed completely, Sugar again insisted that she wanted pvc flooring; Mark paid for those too. Not minding that they cost 4500 per square meter and regular tiles cost about the same price for a pack of 12 that would cover way more than a square meter.

She wanted shutters not blinds and she wanted the whole room go back paitnted white. The painter had to design the name and the logo of the shop on the with walls in pinks and lemon and bright hues that burnt his eyes, but it was Sugar. So yeah, he paid for it.

He didn't know that name of the shop, Sugar had refused to tell him. She wanted to make it some sort of surprise. Mark rolled his eyes at the thought. He was annoyed, mostly because he had tried all forms of blackmail he could think of; sugar seemed to see right through his bluff.

He paid for the tables and chairs. Which had only just arrived. He paid for the booth dividers too. They were expensive, but it wasn't the most expensive thing he'd bought in his life, he knew that. The booth dividers were yet to arrive, they were white with irregular holes through them, it looked futuristic and architectural, he couldn't wait to see them against the marble looking table and chairs. Almost everything metal was spray painted rose gold- Sugar's choice.

Sugar had money -he knew that. And she did things with her money, she got new ovens and burners for the kitchen, she changed the sinks to Stainless Steel, she got all the utensils she needed for the kitchen with her money. She also designed various uniforms for the staff, it hadn't been produced yet, but that was only because they hadn't finalized who they were hiring yet.

Sugar wanted five people in the kitchen plus the dish washer making six. She wanted the same number of people out side. One at the cashier and one at the coffee station and two waiters covering each side of the room.

Mark agreed.

She wanted the waiters to be part time staff.

Mark agreed.

She wanted the Batista to be a woman called Senam. A woman whose green tea latte with extra whipped cream hadn't wowed him.

Mark did not agree with that.

He was currently seated on one of the tables in the outer room looking through the clear class walls that had replaced the concrete ones (another venture his money had willingly gone into)  wondering when the white film covering the logo was going to be peeled off so he'd know the name Sugar had chosen.

He was tempted to go there and peel off the stupid thing himself, but he didn't want to ruin it. For one, Sugar would be mad and secondly, his money would go to waste.

He watched as cars moved past the place. He knew they were creating a frenzy already. He knew tended to wrap sheets of zinc around the premises of a building to hide what was going on, and give people the 'surprise' factor.

Mark loathed the surprise factor, (when done to him; sugar loved surprises). So he decided that was not a venture he wanted his money to go into. He kept the premises open. People knew the place had been bought. They watched the renovations going on, he watched them state curiously as the walked past.
Mark was planning to wedge the largest sign outside; bigger than the one that Sugar had erected and was currently covered in tarp, to jnform people of opening night. Once he knew what the place was called.