6(part 1)

Adam, he could do wonders.

He could do anything. Like convincing Claire on any matter whatsoever. So, now she sits next to him, feeling like a teenager again, and showing no goddamn emotions on her face.

While Connor sips tea, Hailey sticks to texting Adam, and it wasn't such a fun conversation.

Hailey: I FORGOT TO MENTION CONNOR DOESNT LIKE CLAIRE.

Adam: I think we all figured it out already

Hailey: IM SO SORRY HES AN ASS

Adam: it be like that sometimes

Hailey frowns at her phone and instantly lifts her head up to look at Adam. Since when did Adam turn out to be... this way? She couldn't find words to describe Adam. Haikey had seen him change through years since he had been living away from his home and with Claire.

"Suck it." Claire clenched her fists, looking at how long Connor was taking to drink a little cup of tea.

"I'll do as I wish."

And there came a slap on the back of his head, and Connor jerked forward, the tea spilling out and on his clothes.

Adam hissed, thinking about how expensive that would have been.

To his surprise, though, Connor just let out a "tsk."

"Suck it." Hailey repeated Claire's words.

Believe Claire when she says she wanted to snort out a laughter. But Connor wasn't even worth laughing at.

"Don't make us wait longer, can we get to the matter?" And for some reason, Adam stole words right out of Claire's mouth.

"Yes, yes, of course." Hailey leaned forward, so that it could look like she would start the conversation. "I'm afraid I'm growing thorns more than roses in my garden."

"Grow lilacs." Adam smiled. "They're very pretty."

Claire cringed at that, "Are they those flowers we have at home?" She asked.

"Yes, you got it right." Adam nodded, making finger guns at Claire, and she wondered, whether Adam hit puberty now, or was he really a 27 year old fully grown working man. "What? Grown men can't like flowers?" He scowled.

No, not this again. Claire had heard it too many times. "I didn't say that." She shrugged.

"Better not have even thought about it."

"I didn't-"

"Okay, guys." Irish accent interrupted their irrelevant conversation.

He placed his tea cup on the table and sat up a little straighter in his spot, to have a better look at everyone present. He didn't know how to say it. Hell, no one knew how to start the real talk.

They were adults and for what?

"Y'all just misusing the time we have." Adam let out an annoyed grunt. "Just get to the point."

"Lucas is.. amazing." Hailey mumbled, and then her gaze met Claire's. "He really is. From what I've known, he was supposed to be the sweetest guy in the industry. But that was long ago."

Claire looked away. Why did the topic switch to this?

"Why are you lying?" Connor chuckled, "Everyone should know what Lucas is, and what he's made up of."

"I'm not lying." Hailey lied. "He's been a little different since few months."

"Listen." Connor said in a low voice, such that even Adam and Claire leaned in to hear what he had to say. "Mr.Clark isn't in town."

"What does that mean?" Adam crinkled his forehead.

"That means, there's no one but Lucas in charge of the company right now, and we can totally go for it."