32

Lucas poured a glass of drink, holding it in one of his hands while an apple was in the other. He stumbled his way to his bed, sat down.

He pulled his legs up and rested his back against the headboard of the bed. He was extremely exhausted today, though his body seemed more tired the other days.

Twirling his drink, he took a sip. No doubt he was tipsy, and sulking every chance he got.

The big billionaire young master rich kid Lucas was just a guy afterall. He went through the same shit that every other human experienced, graduating highschool, getting a degree you don't like, doing a job that'll keep you rich yet won't keep you happy, and most importanyt, he fell in love.

And lost his love.

And tried reasoning, but he couldn't.

Atleast, he still does one thing that he loves. Art.

---

"He refused."

"Fucking hell." Wesley cursed, two of his fingers rubbing his temples, disgruntled.

"There's nothing you could do to change his mind?" Adam frowned in dismay, "I mean, I thought you'd have influenced him already."

Claire snorted. "It was far from it. It felt like I was the one being convinced."

Nate sighed, biting his lips. Everyone in the room were disappointed or distressed to the point that Nate caught Adam yawning, and then jutting his lower lip out a little.

None of them had a good sleep, just waiting for Claire to be back was tiring enough and kept them alert. And now to hear her say that nothing went accordingly, was way too disheartening.

And as for Sean who had no idea what was going on, wore headphones while jamming to music in a robe, cooking for all the five of them. Sean even though delivered the contract papers to Lucas, had no idea about the content in it.

So all over, they decided to keep him out of this.

"Wait did you say he asked you to stay away?" Nate spoke, trying to figure a way out. Claire gave a small nod. "I don't think you have any other option but not stay away."

"Duh dude??" Adam rolled his eyes. "It's not like she gon' listen."

Ignoring Adam, everyone just stared at Nate, as his lips simply let out a lopsided smile, and folded his legs, one over the other.

"Let's go with Claire's plan." He said.

"No way!" Wesley opposed, holding his hand out. "You can't let my company go down."

"Your company?" Adam tutted. "Do you even have one to let it go down?"

All Claire did was look at Nate a little more, trying to study him. She surely didn't remember a lot about him, but she knew when he was upto something. Childhood friends and what not.

"It's not exactly my plan, isn't it, Nate?" She asked discreetly, gripping the arm rest of the couch she was sitting on.

"Technically, you came up with it. I'm just contributing to it."

Wesley had no idea what was going on anymore, he just decided to sit and listen to the younger ones, taking into account of how brainy they looked.

Adam eyed Nate and Claire warily, scooting over to place a hand over Claire's shoulders. "Are you going to trust him?" He whispered.

"Sh." Claire wiggled his hand away, fidgeting with her fingers. "What do you want me to do?" She finally asked Nate, who had his chin high.

"I have something that's confidential. Threaten him."

"What is it that you have?" Claire tried  to talk as smoothly as possible, bug still ended up choking a little bit in the end. Her throat was dry now.

"A simple contract. Actually, I have a copy of it. And I think that's more than enough. It's got Lucas' signature on it."

"W-what-" Adam crunched his eyebrows. "What contract?"

"This contract," Nate started, trying to explain, "Directly states that Brady Clark won't be sued for hitting a reporter unless he's the first to receive all the news about the company before any other reporters."

"What the heck?" Wesley licked his lips. "You mean, Dad hit a reporter?"

"I'm sure you're more aware about these issues than me." Nate shrugged. "Nobody cares about a lowlife reporter, they'll only target Brad and his son, Lucas. And yes, their company. Gradually, people will stop investing in this company anymore."

This plan might either work, or it might bring the company down. At any cost, the loss will be Brady's and as well as Claire's if Lucas doesn't comply.

"Man, what a mess." Adam said, sleepily blinking his eyes. "I get it, though. People won't invest Because they don't want their company to also be termed bad like Clark's."

"Absolutely." Nate said in relief that they got it.

They weren't really sure if this'll work, but they had to give it a go. If not this, then they had nothing else to try out.

Either Hailey gets married, or.. or.. Hailey runs.

Claire widened her eyes. No way that's a terrible idea. Author really is fucked up to think about that.

"One more thing," Nate cleared his throat. "There's a formal announcement party three weeks from now. And Brady Carson Clark is coming to the city that day."

"Is he now? How will we get through this shit by then?" Claire asked.

"No, Claire. That is the day we act."

"Fuck." She gruntled.

.
.
.
.
.

.
.

I should name this book as ocean's eleven

On that note I should make a detective×criminal story where the detective starts helping the criminal instead :/