38

All his life, Adam had been thankful to one person who held his hand in highschool and never let him go.

Claire.

There were times when he looked at her and wondered, how different life would have been for him if he hadn't agreed to run away from his dad with her.

Adam thought about it every night, it was too good to take in, and he always knew that she was the first and the last person he wanted to see every day.

But of course, life doesn't work that way. However, he sorted out his own emotions back in highschool when she paid him no attention anymore. That someday, it'd be like that.

He wouldn't be the one for her.

But Adam doesn't mind until he had her in his life, just beside him, being there for him when he wanted a shoulder to sob on. And he'll be there for her too and do everything possible to bring her what she deserved.

Because the happiest he had been was next to her.

And it was fine. Maybe he had to let go some day in the future, and it's sad but not impossible.

So Adam, woke up in the morning, only to end up sitting in the balcony of their bedroom and watch the sea crashing against the shore. There were a lot of people or tourists around at this time, so he could enjoy the view very peacefully.

"What are you doing?"

Adam snapped his head to look at Claire groggily watch him just gaze at the sea, or more like, at a particular guy walking in the water while giggling to himself here and there.

"Watching your guy play with water." Adam stated.

"Who- oh. Oh, Lucas?" She squinted her eyes and looked at the sea.

"Yep." Adam nodded.

"Imma go join." She said, but before she could turn around and leave, Adam brought himself to stop her by swiftly taking ahold of her arm. "What?" She blinked cluelessly.

"I have somewhere to go." He gulped, "I won't be here for a while."

Adam was holding her hand too tightly, eyes into eyes, and staring at her with mixed emotions.

"Where are you going?"

"I don't want to bother you."

"Where?" She demanded.

"Home." Adam replied, letting her go. "And I will be going alone." He said.

Claire took a moment to read him, just how much he loathed his home, but he still wanted to visit, checking up on the events.

"Adam-"

"I have to know if my old guy is doing well."

She said no more, but only nodded in return.

_____

Claire joined Lucas after a few solid minutes, just walking along to him, getting as far as possible, and walking back, while letting the water embrace their feet.

Lucas was afraid of wrapping his fingers around her's so he just stuck to digging his feet into the sand and watching the water wash it away.

It was after a few minutes, that Claire looked into distance, and instantly knew who the person walking towards them was.

So she quickly turned Lucas over to face her, and he looked startled when she did so, just doing as he was told.

"Look at me." She said.

"I am, I can't see anything else you're too close." Lucas shrugged.

"Oh." Claire said, having a clear view of Lucas' bright blue eyes that she loved the most. She brought his hand to his cheek, slowly caressing his face with her thumb. "I have a surprise for you."

Lucas' eyes lightened up even more if that was possible. "Really?"

"Yes. But I don't want you to be mad." She gulped. "Don't be mad." She repeated herself, while he turned confused more than he already was, before he heard an oh so familiar voice call out his name.

"Lucas. It's so good to see you."

He couldn't have mistaken the voice at all, and if he had, then he wouldn't have qualified to be his brother.

When Lucas almost went numb in the head from how hard he froze on the spot, he couldn't help but let the anger bubble inside him to an extent where Claire couldn't recognise him anymore.

He waited for a few seconds, taking in the older guy's appearance, trying to process that Wesley was actually standing in front of him.

When he could finally control his movements again, Lucas bolted in anger, fists colliding with Wesley's face in one big angry punch, and instantly put him down on the sand, falling with a thud.

Claire knew this would happen, so she just rolled her eyes and watched the show because she felt like the older guy needed to be beaten to death but one punch from his lovely baby brother was enough to crumple his inner persona to death.

"How dare you?" Lucas hissed, he didn't know to what he was asking. How dare he what? He just knew a lot of things that Wesley did which weren't appealing, but for now let's say he was asking how dare he think he could come back.

"L-Lucas-" Wesley groaned, hand flying up to cover his face. "Argh-"

"Fuck you." Lucas seethed, nostrils flaring.

All Claire did was walk around and help Wesley up to his feet. "Lucas don't be so aggressive."

"I will be." Lucas gritted his teeth. Claire had never seen him so angry, and she hoped she would never make him this angry. .. even though he looked ×10 times more attractive.

"Lucas, hear me out, please." Wesley gulped, trying to stand still on his feet.

"I don't want to hear whatever that you have." Lucas breathed our roughly. "I know I had been searching for you all my life, but I'm not the one you should meet. Go to dad, he'll kiss your ass."

"I don't want to meet dad." Wesley shook his head. "You're the one I want to apologize to."

Lucas furrowed his eyebrows. "You don't know how hard it was for dad, waiting for you every day and night. Thinking you'd come back."

Wesley had nothing else to say, so he sighed. "I know I'm not the best kid dad thinks I am, but I didnt know what else to do. Be almost made me sign papers into a wedding and what not? He didn't do that to you, did he? I knew he wouldn't."

Lucas rolled his eyes. "If you would have waited longer, we'd have figured out something."

"I'm sorry." Wesley stated. "It's fine if you don't want to accept my apology, but I'll die knowing that I tried."

Lucas looked at him from the corners of his eyes, extremely off moody and wanting to go away but his brother was being extra dramatic. He folded his arms and straightened his back.

"I hope you die peacefully."

"Lucas." Claire gave him a look. "He's staying here with us. I hope y'all get along."

"Never." He huffed.