37

Now there was one last thing that remained. They were driving out of the town, and Lucas just kept staring at everyone in the car.

"Were all of you involved in this?" He asked, voice barely audible. She smiled at him, while the others laughed. "Even Nate and Sean?"

"Yep. Had to do what we had to do." Nate nodded. "Sorry for the betrayal, Lukey, I had shit to take care of."

"O-Oh." Lucas nodded as if he understood, and just pouted at Claire who just did nothing but smile. She was too happy right now.

"Hey, wait." Sean interjected. "I had no idea what was going on. Count me out."

Adam wrapped his arms around Sean's waist. "Come on Sean, you knew about the plotting anyway."

Nate's eyes remained trained on the road but it did flicker when he caught the sight of Adam's arms around Sean and he cleared his throat, tapping his arm.

"Oops." Adam shrugged, letting go.

Sean chuckled, shooting heart eyes at Nate, to which he cringed but okay his heart said something else.

"Where are we going?" Lucas asked, perking up everyone's interest.

"Somewhere far away from the mess right now." Nate responded, trying to have a look through the rear view mirror. Their phones never stopped ringing.

Lucas never felt anything so right than having to run from his own wedding party?? This was so confusing, but like, he had Claire now and he didn't really care about anything more.

He switched off his phone once he saw his dad calling and scooted over closer to Claire.

"Claire," he whispered. "Where is Hailey? Is she in this too?"

Claire nodded, slowly gazing over his lips. But she didn't make a move just yet. "She is. And so is Connor."

Lucas sighed. "Where exactly are we going?"

"To my cousin brother's beach house." She grinned. "And I have a surprise for you."

Yes, just one last thing still remained. It was Wesley.

Lucas had to meet Wesley.

But Wesley was supposed to come the next day, so they'll have to stay in the beach house that night for further decision making.

Well, all Claire cared about was Lucas anyway.

They arrived shortly at the beach house, and she already knew where to find Chandler. She came here a lot more than anyone would ever suspect. It was just a tiny secret as to how she spent nights here with Chandler, just discussing stuff and talking to his wife, Jessica.

When they turned busy with kids, she no longer wanted to bother them, and so she rarely came anymore.

"Chandler!" Claire yelled, running and hugging the said man, who let out a 'uff' before embracing his cousin back. He was surprised to say the least. He patter her back and laughed.

"How did I not know you were coming?" He asked, pulling away.

"I had some serious shit going on." She said, "But it's fine now. Everything is fine."

"I'm glad to hear that." Chandler grinned. "I'll inform Jessica about you and ask her to keep a room. You're staying tonight, right?"

Claire nodded enthusiastically. "Actually, it's just not me."

"Who else-" he stopped mid sentence when she showed him Lucas, Connor, Hailey and the other three of them. "Wow, what the fuck?"

Claire chuckled. "It just happened."

"Fucking hell, Lucas too?"

"Yep. And you should stop cursing, you're a dad now."

"Damn, I am, ain't I?" Chandler replied, "Come in everyone!" He yelled over the sound of waves and music from restaurants.

Everyone followed inside, Jessica greeting them warmly. She was a lady with a beautiful personality, who never let anyone feel left out. She would talk to customers who looked like they were new and made it feel like home.

For all that Claire knew, Chandler had a great taste in men.

It still was a little awkward between Claire are Lucas even now, as they took a seat next to each other. Maybe it was because they were used to it yet. Of course, they were doing this after 8 years.

"C-Claire," Lucas leaned over to whisper in her ear. "Are we spending the night here?"

Claire gave a small nod. "Yes, we are. Are you not comfortable?"

"I am, it's just that I haven't been to this place before."

"Chill, it's my bro's place. I'll take care.. of you." She winked at him, making him regret asking at all.

-----

There really were limited rooms that night, and where Connor and Hailey shared one room, Sean and Nate shared the other, Chandler put up an argument that Lucas would not share a room with Claire.

Ofcourse back in those days Chandler would have let them because he thought Lucas was a keeper. But on the other note, since it's been too long already, he didn't quite trust Lucas to the fullest.

"Don't act like you're my brother." Claire cringed at him, while Jessica watched the show and enjoyed adoring them.

"I am." Chandler stated firmly. "It's either you and Adam or share a bed with Jessica tonight."

"Yo, wtf." She made an ultimate cringe face and almost flipped Chandler off before remembering that there were kids around somewhere. Oh and Lucas too. Funny.

"It's fine, Claire." Lucas giggled. "I want to be.. alone for a while."

She didn't know if that was a good idea. What is Lucas does something?

Well no shit, when Lucas went to his own room that night, all alone, he immediately fell asleep on the bed. No kidding, the man was tired as shit.

So that's how they ended up NOT sharing rooms.

Anyways, the future comes with more opportunities. Don't you think?

.
.
.
.

Y'all, I posted a short story, you can always check it out if you would like to. ^3^