24

Sorry i had a major writer's block
:((( It sucks coz it's been like a week since I updated :((((((((

A week had passed since Claire had come back from spending that night with Lucas. One thing was for sure, even though she had a lot of information regarding him, she really didn't know how to utilize it for the better.

"What the fuck are you thinking?" Was what Adam had been saying the past week, eyebrows furrows and wearing a frown on him as if it was a part of his daily lifestyle.

"Now what?" Claire asked, looking like she was dazed.

"What what?" Adam retorted, crunching the bridge of in nose. He took a sip of his coffee, sitting in the same cafe they kept visiting since they arrived in town.

Claire was working on her story, and Adam was just accompanying her, giving her ideas which were mostly all rubbish.

"What do I do?"

Adam took the notepad Claire was writing short notes in and looked at it.

"These are your characters? Clara and Luca? Isn't that too obvious-"

"Shut up." Claire snatched the notepad from his hands and placed it in front of her.

He shuddered under her glare and went back to sipping coffee.

"It's an erotica why don't you start with the sexy stuff already?" Adam sighed.

"No, Adam. That's not the point. The point is I don't know to write sexy stuff."

"When you've done the sexy stuff why can't you write the sexy-"

"Shut up."

"Okay."

Claire looked around, thinking of something. Maybe she can go read some fifty shades? Maybe some other book?

But.. but she only knew fifty shades.

Claire pouted, folding her arms and leaning back on the chair.

Their table was in the corner of the cafe, the same table Lucas was sitting the last time. She had a great view into the street from the huge glass window, trying hard to come up with ideas.

Just that, she immediately zoned out for a while. Adam continued drinking his coffee and going through his social media.

And when Claire thought the rest of the day would be boring too like the past week, her gaze fell on something extremely interesting.

Or more like her gaze fell on someone.

She jolted forward, eyes widening and looking at the man out there, standing on the other side of the street looking like he was waiting on a bus.

"Fuck." Claire cursed out loud and clear in an alarmed tone.

Adam looked up. "What happened?"

"That man!" She pointed, jabbing her finger forward and sharply. "Do you know him?"

"Who?" Adam squinted his eyes, trying to get a better perspective of the man. "Who is that?"

"Doesn't he look oddly similar?" Claire stood up, getting all her things to go back into the bag as the other guy followed her actions. "We have to catch up to him."

"Who the fuck is that?"

"Just go with me." Claire said firmly before taking off, and hurrying outside with her black haired bestie trailing behind.

They were sprinting as fast as possible, taking long strides and just as a bus arrives the man got in and so did they. They paid the fare and she stilled for a moment.

She attempted to calm down and tuck a few strands of hair behind her ear and trying to gain some time to figure out where the man was sitting and how can she approach him.

"Claire, what's going on?" Adam whispered, slipping his hand into hers.

There weren't a lot of people on the bus, yet there were people surrounding the only guy they had come for.

"You'll see." Claire bit her lips, tugging him with her just as she found an empty seat behind the said man. "Sit." She directed him.

Adam agreed and did as told when Claire took a seat on his lap, very well receiving looks from other people traveling along with them. When they noticed how awkwardly she was sitting, even though there were many other empty seats, she intertwined her fingers with Adam's, making it look like they were a couple who were inseparable.

"Explain." Adam whispered into her ear, smirking a little, getting a little idea of what Claire was doing.

She put on a fake smile, leaning forward to his ear, "That's Wesley Clark. Lucas' dead brother."

Adam choked, eyes instantly widening so hard that he saw stars.

She smiled again, patting his cheeks with her two fingers.

"You mean-"

"Yes. He's alive."

"How did you know?"

"Not now. I'll tell you later. I need to talk to him."

For all Claire knew, Wesley always probably managed to escape the men Lucas kept sending to keep an eye on him. Yes, maybe Wesley was good with games like these but what would be the reason for him to show up after years of disappearances?

And Wesley gotta know what deep shit he's in.

Life just got so much easier for Claire, not having to spend a single dollar on contacting Wesley.

Oh haha yeah the bus fare.

Adam paid for it, nevermind.

People weren't looking anymore since they looks convincingly like couples, and just started minding their own business. Claire took this chance to bend forward and stare intensely at Wesley.

"Claire!" Adam whisper yelled. "You're going to rather kill him with your stare."

"SHH." Claire shushed him, a palm landing on Adams face subconsciously, making him wriggle.

Wesley blinked, flinching a little when he saw Claire almost glaring from behind. He took off his earphones, and parted his lips worry.

"Claire you're making it too obvious." Adam mumbled, well knowing that there was no going back now.

Claire ignored her friend anyway.

"Wesley Clark, remember me?" She asked, lips slowly drawing into a small smirk.