12

What is he thinking? Why Claire? Why her?

Nate Moore. He really does know how to pull strings, and get what he wants. Maybe he's just bored? Why is he here?

"What is it to you?" Claire grumbled, already annoyed by his presence.

"If you tell me," Nate insisted, standing tall and solid in front of her. He had his head high and chest out.

Coming to think about it, why did Claire even end up here in the first place? It isn't like she's gonna agree to help Hailey or Connor. She really wants to stay out of this bullshit of a matter, but something keeps tugging her back in.

"I have.. absolutely no idea why I am here." Claire told him, because, was there anything in it for her, telling him that she was called to ruin this wedding, which she wholeheartedly denied of?

Nate sighed, his hands finding their way into his pockets. "I know." He said.

Yes, people change.

Yes, Claire has seen many change.

And yes, it's a good thing. It's necessary.

But looking at Nate, there was something about the way he stood with his head held high, as if, he was born with the appeal of it. And she just stared, because this Nate, failed to remind her of the one she knew.

"What do you know?"

His eyes flickered around for a second, and then came back to her. "It really is a pleasant evening." He took a step forward, "I know what you're here for."

"And what is it?"

If you see it that way, even Claire didn't have that big of an idea about why she decided to attend her high school crush's wedding.

It's stupid, actually.

It's been a decade, don't you think she would have moved on? Yes, she did. She moved on eventually, but coming back here, it's just bothering her so much.

"It's about Connor and Hailey, isn't it?" He let out a scoff, that hit Claire on her face.

She clenched her jaw. "And what if it is?"

The only question remaining was,

Why is Nate suddenly so involved in this matter? Why does it even matter to him?

"I told you, I work 'with' the brat."

Is that supposed to mean something to her?

She crunched her eyebrows. "So?"

Claire could really see how the vein on his neck popped up, looking ever so frustrated but staying calmer than usual.

The Nate she knew, had anger issues for sure.

"I can help you."

Ah, yes. There.

There, Nate said it. Finally. Now that it's out, Claire can breathe again. Of course, She figured it out.

An involuntary smirk drew upon her lips, and she said, "And in return?"

There isn't a lot to know about businessmen and their frame of mind. Everything is a game, and if she knew better, then Nate is definitely not the one to play without winning something in return.

So she asked, "What do you want in return?"

Nate Moore looked at her for a second, delighted at the way she already knew something was up. "It depends on whether you're ready to give me what I want."

"I'm afraid I don't have a lot to give."

Eh, yeah yeah, if he wants money, that's like something Claire doesn't have. You know, broke writers and computers with viruses.

I mean, no Claire's computer doesn't have virus.

"I'll give you time, think about it." Nate shrugged, "And hit me up when you think you can take me up on this offer."

Nate shot her one last look, before he spun on his heels, like literally, and walked away.

Now about him, he had a little longer hair, looking charming. Anyway, Claire definitely wasn't gonna use that in her book. Disgusting.

She didn't know what to do, just stand there and think about what he said. He offered to help.

In what though?

So does this mean, the wedding is off? And the one to do it, will be her?

Claire blinked, totally bewildered at the thought.

No no no, there's a lot that's going on. She should wait and watch.

"I've searched the whole damn mansion, where the fuck were you?"

Yeah, and Adam, who's in a situation to either die or die. That is, either get fucked by helping Hailey, or get fucked by not.

"Adam," Claire cut in his bickering, "There's something I want to know."

"What?" He asked, coming to stand next to her.

"About Nate Moore."

.
.
.
.

Phew, that was an intense chapter.

HOW ARE YOU ALL? ARE YOU SAFE? THIS VIRUS IS FUCKED UP SO STAY HOME AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF OKAY? AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILIES TOO,,, HOPEFULLY THIS WILL END SOON :(

Alsolalsoosls wtf yall 500k? Are you serious? I'm fucking screaming.

I would totally loVE TO DO A SPECIAL CHAPTER YK ;););) so who votes for some steamy content? Or should it be like fluff or something?