40: magic

[Caution: This chapter contains mature sex scenes] 

Chapter 40: magic.

Elena

His eyes coalesce with anger, denial, and dolor. All of which takes me by surprise. His forehead collides with mine. "You don't know everything about me, Firefly." 

"I don't care," I whisper. 

He grunts as his eyes droop shut. "I'm not a good guy." 

"You're better than good." I smile touching his cheeks. 

He instantly pulls away, both from my forehead and from my palms. "You're supposed to hate me. I should stay away from you. Ten feet distance, remember?" 

He's pushing me away. I can see every part of his face struggling to control his thoughts but he's still saying contrary things. "Is that what you want?" 

His jaw clenches. "It doesn't matter what I want. I promised Dylan I'll keep an eye on you." He curses in mute as he brushes his hand through his hair. "Forget eye, every part of me is hooked onto you." He silently altercates. "I should leave." 

My heart years for him. "I need you." 

His hand behind my back stiffens. "I won't be able to stop." 

A thought flickers in my mind. "What if I don't want you to stop?" He looks at me like I confessed to a murder. "What if we forget the world for one night?" 

He blinks with hope but the next second, it's whitewashed and he's shaking his head. "Are you drunk?" He sniffs me. "What is wrong with--"

I kiss him mid-sentence. He grunts before kissing me back. I wrap my hands around his neck, grabbing a fistful of his soft hair before I tug him closer to me. His hands grip my waist and on my thigh. He threatens to slide his fingers inside the slit of my dress, instead, he drags it out and runs it down the length of my leg, cradling me more inside his arms. 

I deepen our kiss by pushing my tongue inside his mouth. He breaks free to gasp while I kiss his neck. "You should know some things about me before we--"

"Not today." I shake my head. I pull away from his neck to look at him. "We're taking a break from the past, the present, and the future. We're pausing." 

He looks at me with determination now. "You seriously want to do this?" I nod. "Do you trust me?" I smile as I nod. "If we're doing then we'll be doing it my way. Are you okay with that?" My mind puckers on what his way is but I nod. "Do you want me to be gentle or rough?" 

A blush creeps onto my cheeks. "You already know." 

His hands on my back and under my knee tighten as he stands up, cradling me in his arms. He gently lowers my feet to the floor and straightens me up. "Take off the emeralds." 

I suddenly realize I was still wearing my mother's jewelry. How careless of me. I walk to the huge mirror of the vanity. I see his reflection walking to the door. He clicks the locks before walking to me. I bring my gaze back to my reflection as I try to take off the necklace but my hands are trembling. 

He backs my chest. His hands brush with mine when he volunteers to do it himself. I give up, watching him lick his lips before he carefully takes off my necklace. He unhooks my earrings before I have the chance to do it. I'm about to take off my ring but he stops me by shaking his head. 

He watches me in the mirror as he pushes all my hair to one side of my neck. His nose outlines the curve of my neck the same time his hands wrap around my waist. "I would die for Eden, but I don't adore her." I frown when he lifts my palm to his mouth. His lips brush against my knuckles. "If there's any woman I've adored after my mother," He lifts his chin to my reflection in the mirror before kissing the side of my head.