45: used. played. trashed.

Chapter 45: used. played. trashed.

Elena

"Heartbreak sucks, doesn't it darling?" Vivian's heels echo much louder than my shoes when she steps up to me. "The founder of the hate club, ladies and gentlemen," she glances at the entire hall as she walks around me. "Freshly fucked back to reality." 

I wince at the pun. I hear murmurs before she laughs so loud, that she takes up the spotlight again. She snatches my coffee from my hand. I see her sip from it before she comes to face me again. Proudly smirking, and sky-high confidence. 

The day I inaugurate my hate list, people are just volunteering to take the top seat. 

"What happened to--" she hummed looking at the table where he sat. "You could do so much better than him, and the purpose of forming a hate club for him?" She looks back at my embarrassed face. "You're just like the rest of us. One spoon of attention from him and you're kneeling to suck his dick." 

My brows frown. Queens don't bow. Because I know I can see him in the reflection, my eyes turn to him as a reflex. He's already looking down while he exhales. 

Vivian takes another sip from my coffee. "Tris, Spence, we were just the middle pieces. She helped that asshole finish his game." Vivian doesn't smirk at me. She looks at me with disappointment. "Your confidence surprised me. Inspired me, even. Look at you now." Her eyes check me from top to bottom. "Used. Played. And sadly, trashed." 

I hear a chair screeching. "Okay, that's enough," Spencer says approaching us. 

Vivian takes another sip from my coffee as she shakes her head. "Why? Remember the smartass lectures she gave us about our dignity and self-respect? How fucking different did she turn out to be?" 

"Vivian," I heard Spencer's voice right behind me before she walks past me and holds her hand with a glare. "Stop it." 

Vivian breaks free from the grab and the glare. "Nope. I need to get it out." She turns to him and I realize my head is hanging low for a long time. "I'm proud of you, Justin. You knocked some sense into this one the right fucking way. What was she even thinking when she stood up to you, told the other girls to stand high, and trash your reputation? God, what a pathetic loser." 

I raise my head when I see Spencer holding her head. Whatever that Vivian Wyatt is saying today, I don't think it's true. She's speaking sheer honesty. 

"And look at you," she tells him. "You fucked your best friend's sister and your best friend let that go. Dallas, learn from him. That's how you fucking play." She laughs. My toes grow restless again. "Mastermind Justin Castor." She slow claps. 

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn, it's alright because I like the way it hurts—just got real. 

One of the three girls walks up to me while the other two help the fallen girl to sit on a chair. Tristan Roberts, I recognize. She gives my arm a squeeze before she walks up to Vivian behind me. 

"No, no, no, Tris. Oh look--" Vivian chuckles. "All the girls you've fucked are right here, what an unpleasant coincidence. Elena, can we have a piece about this up on your page?"

I sigh, "Ask Spencer. I resigned." 

I didn't. Yet.

Spencer gives me a glare. "No, you did not. I am not letting you quit."  

I was speaking instinctively and I realized it a little late. I shut up because it's better that way. 

"How sad," Vivian coos. "Justin Castor, you've made her quit the one thing that could've possibly changed this school. What beautiful revenge this is, Mr. Genius."