Chapter 44

After the Medical Helicopter left with Alex, Cory, and Sophie, Benjamin and I came out of hiding. I looked at Benjamin longingly. It had been awhile since we had been alone together. We looked at each other for only a moment before Benjamin spread his arms open and I ran towards him, tackling him to the ground. "Sorry." I whispered realizing I had probably hurt his shoulder.

"Shut up." He said smiling at me, "I'm fine."

He rolled on top of me and pressed his body into mine. I smiled against his mouth as he kissed me. After a moment of kissing he pushed himself up off of me, but I pulled him back down, "We need to make up for lost time." I whispered in his ear.

He smiled and kissed me deeply. Then he stood up and held his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me up. He backed me up gently against a tree and began kissing my neck. I let out a shaky breath and wrapped my hands around the back of his neck. Then I ran my fingers through his hair, and I accidently scratched the back of his neck with my fingernail. "Sorry."

"It's fine." He replied against my collarbone. He kissed his way back up to my face. Then he stopped and pulled me in for a hug. "I miss you." I breathed.

"I miss you too." He mumbled into my hair. "What should we do while they are gone?"

"Talk." I replied, "And do this." He nodded in agreement. He pulled away from me and sat down and tapped the spot next to him. I sat down next to him leaned my head against his shoulder. I had been wanting to ask Benjamin about what we were going to do once we reached the rebel regions for a while now, but I had a feeling I wouldn't like his answer.

But I felt like now was as good of a time as any "What are we going to do when we reach the rebel regions?" I asked. "I mean we can't just leave the country like this, under Richardson's power. We need to fight back."

Benjamin's snapped toward me and positioned his body so he was facing me. "I can't risk losing you again, Bethany. You aren't fighting anyone."

"Benjamin, there are kids like us back there! Kids who are being murdered for loving the wrong person, or not loving the man or woman they are meant to marry. There are kids who will never know true love because they are too afraid or too brainwashed to experience it! We owe them the chance to feel the love we feel towards each other."

"All of those kids are looking to turn us into the government. They would turn us in in a second even though they would essentially be the one pulling the trigger that ends our lives."

"They don't know better, Benjamin. We are worth a lot of money."

Benjamin squeezed my hand, "I want to help them too, Bethy but right now it is too dangerous."

"It always will be dangerous, but we can't just abandon them."

"What can we even do, Bethany? If we go back, we get killed, then we won't be able to help anyone."

"Maybe the rebels will help us! They can protect us, help us. They don't like Richardson either, they are probably just looking for a reason to fight him!"

"If they want to fight, then we can be their reason, but you won't be fighting anyone Bethany. We can encourage them, but you will not fight with them."

"Can we at least broadcast to some of the people from our country to try and get them on our side?"

"If the rebels want to fight, then yes." He replied. I smiled and he leaned over and kissed my forehead, sending warmth throughout my body.

I decided then and there that I would help my old country regardless of what Benjamin said. I pulled his head down to my lips and kissed him, and then he readjusted his body so that his head was lying in my lap. "When do you think Sophie will be better?"

Enforced (Book 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara