Chapter 4

Siddharth POV

"Dude, are you serious? You got her pregnant and you left her all alone?" Abhi asked me. I just kept silent because I know what I did was wrong.

"I didn't expect you to be a jerk, Siddharth. Be a man and just take responsibility for it. Why did you run away from your problems? Wasn't she brave enough to face you?" Abhi asked me again.

"I know what I did was wrong. But, I didn't really think much into it at that time. I just wanted to get away with it. I really didn't think about how she would feel. I was already under so much of pressure," I said.

"Sid, I know. That day what happened was a mistake from both of your side. But, you can't get away from it. You have to face it one day. Okay fine. Call her and tell her you both can think of solutions together," he said.

"I don't have her phone number," I said.

"Oh wow. Okay do you even know her name?" he asked me sarcastically.

"I heard the doctor call her Ananya. But I know her office. I picked her up from her office yesterday," I said and he sighed.

"Thank god, you at least know that. Go meet her up and tell her you are sorry. Just make sure she is okay. Anyway, have you thought about what to do with the child?" he asked me.

"No" that's all I can say. Because I really don't know.

"I can give you suggestion. I mean you can take it if you want," Abhi said.

"What is it?" I asked him. He took a deep breath before continuing.

"Why don't you marry her?" he asked me and I was shocked. Yes, I am 28 years old which is suitable for marriage. But, how can I marry her when I know nothing about her? I don't even know if she have anyone special in her life or something.

"Do you think it's a good idea?" I asked him and he shook his head saying no.

"But, we don't have any choice, do we?" he asked me and I stayed silent.

The next day I went to her office and waited outside at the same time I picked her up the last day. But, I didn't saw her coming out. I thought her shift ended early so I went back. I came again the next day earlier than the day before to find her missing again.

'Did something happened to her?' was the first thing that came to my mind. I decided to ask the receptionist.

"Can I meet Ms.Ananya?" I asked her and she called someone, probably her office.

"Sorry sir, Ms.Ananya is on medical leave. The staff just informed me," she said.

"Medical leave? Can I get her address? Or phone number?" I asked her.

"Sorry sir, that's confidential and I cannot give you her number without her consent," she said and I turned in disappointment.

"Siddharth right?" I heard a voice right behind me.

"You....You came with Ananya that day? Thank god I saw you. Do you know why Ananya is in leave?" I asked her. I saw her with Ananya when she came to my office.

"Wow, at least you came. I though you was a jerk for leaving her like that. But, now...It's okay. I am Kavya," she smiled.

"I am Siddharth, I bet you know that," I faked my smile. "Can I know her address? I want to meet her. If you could give me her number?" I asked her.

"She is staying with me for now. I am on my way there. Maybe I can bring you with me?" she offered.

"It's okay. I came by car. I will follow you behind," I said.

"Hahah good. Because I don't have a car. So, maybe you could bring me with you," she laughed.

"Urmm, sure," I smiled. She directed me to her house and it took us 20 minutes to reach her house.

"What are you doing here ma?" we heard a woman's voice, probably a middle aged woman.

"Shit!!!" and I saw Kavya rushing into her house.

"Ma, Pa, when did you guys came? I thought you were coming back tomorrow?" Kavya asked them. That's when I noticed Ananya standing beside Kavya's mother, smiling awkwardly. She was shocked to see me there. But, the shock quickly turned to worry.

"Something came up in your uncle's office. So we had to cancel our plan and come back. Who is this boy? And why you didn't tell us Ananya was staying here?" her mother shot her with questions and her father was waiting for her answers also.

"Ma, Pa come with me," she dragged them inside, leaving me and Ananya alone in the living room.

"What are you doing here?" Ananya asked me. "I am sorry for leaving you alone yesterday. I am really sorry. I was too shocked and I didn't think about how you will feel about it. I was such a fool," I said hoping she would at least scold me for being a jerk.

"It's okay. I understand," I was beyond shocked when I heard her telling that.

"What??? Her parents chased her out?" we heard Kavya's mother voice from inside. Again, I was shocked. That time I just hoped that the 'she' is not Ananya. Why would her parents chase her out? Maybe they found out that she was pregnant.

"Ma, low down your voice," Kavya said.

"I don't care Kavya. She is pregnant before marriage. Her parents chased her away and you want me let her stay in our house. I am not agreeing to that," her mom shouted.

"Kavya, just because I have supported you all the time, doesn't mean I will allow you to do something like this," it was her father this time.

"Pa, but where will she go like this? She need a place to stay," Kavya retorted. 

"I understand all this. But, what will we do if anyone fine out that we are accommodating her? Did you think about what the society will say? If anyone knows this, how will you get married?" her mom said. Oh god, the same typical Indians. I don't understand why the society always judge a girl like this. And, I am the reason for people judging her like this.

When we heard Kavya's mother, Ananya suddenly went inside.

"I am sorry uncle, aunty. I should have asked permission with you before staying here. I will leave at once," Ananya said and I was shocked, at how brave she sounded.

"Ananya, where will you go at this hour? It's not safe. Just stay here!!! Ma, you know right, Ananya is a good girl. She would never do this mistake inten..." Ananya stopped her.

"Kavya, thank you for helping me. But, trust me. I will be fine. I am going to pack my bag," Ananya said and went into another room to take her suitcase. I was still shocked. How can she be so strong. She didn't even shed a single tear from the moment I first met her. Even though, I knew how hard this would be to her.

Thank you for reading. Comment down if you have any suggestions. Vote for this chapter if you liked it.