Chapter 5

"Ananya, I am sorry," Kavya followed Ananya outside her house and hugged her tightly.

"No, Kavya. I know this is not your fault. Thank you for taking me in yesterday. I am much clearer than yesterday," Ananya said.

"But where will you go now? I mean, at this hour?" Kavya asked. Ananya just stay silent. "You can stay with me, if you want," I suddenly said.

Ananya POV

"You can stay with me, if you want," Siddharth suddenly said.

"What?" I and Kavya said in unison.

"I am living alone. There is an extra room in my apartment. You can stay there until you find a place to stay," Siddharth said.

"I think it is a good idea, Ananya. You can stay there tonight. You cannot find a hostel also now. Its past 8," Kavya joined him.

"I don't think it's a good idea. I mean how can I..." I stopped in the middle because I didn't want to continue.

"Ananya, you have already...you know.... There is nothing wrong in this now!!!" Kavya said.

"Kavya, that doesn't mean I will stay at a stranger's house," I said and quickly wiped the tear formed in my eyes.

"Ananya, I didn't mean it that way. Imagine, it is better to stay at his home than wandering in the streets. You don't look fine also. I just wanted you to stay safe and maybe this will be a chance for you and Siddharth to think of what to do," Kavya quickly explained.

"Okay," I said in a low voice after thinking a while. She is right. It is safe for me stay at Siddharth's house compared to hostels. I am pregnant after all and I don't feel comfortable all the time.

I bid bye to Kavya and got into his car. The whole journey to his house was quiet with uncomfortable silence, which I hated the most.

Siddharth helped me carry my suitcase into the other room in his house. "There is no attached bathroom, so you must use the common bathroom. I don't use that. There are some fruits in the fridge and ask me if you need anything. Make yourself comfortable," he said in one breath.

"Thank you... for everything," that's all I managed to say.

"No, that's fine!!!" he said and went to his room. I sat in the living room and switch on the TV. I didn't really pay attention to what was on the TV because I was too occupied in my thoughts. How did my life changed this much? How did I end up staying in the house of someone, I didn't even know fully.

"Can we talk?" I knocked on his door. I found he was in his study which is in his room. I took a look around his room which looked like an office.

"Yeah, sure" he said and patted the chair beside him asking me to sit there.

"What did you plan on doing? This child," I placed my hand on my flat stomach when he subconsciously looked my stomach.

"Honestly I don't know. I haven't decide it," he said and looked down. "And I am sorry again, for leaving you like that in the hospital. I am not a jerk who doesn't take responsibility. It was just too sudden, that's why I reacted like that," he said. I can sense that he truly felt ashamed for leaving me like that.

"No, it's okay. I understand how you felt at that time. It was not your fault. Even I felt like running away from all the problems. It's just that you did what I had in my mind," I smiled.

"Your...parents chased you out?" he asked me, to which I nodded. "Why? What happen?" he asked and answering that would be the last thing I would do, because I know if I talk, I will cry.

"I don't want to talk about it, please" I pleaded him.

"Okay," he said.

"You are leaving alone? Where is your parents?" I asked him.

"They passed away when I was 3. I grew up in an orphanage home," he said casually.

"Oh, I am sorry. That must have been hard for you," I said.

"No, it was not. You know I grew up in an environment where everyone else were the same as me. So I didn't find it difficult. It just made me stronger," he said and I liked how he takes everything positively. I smiled.

"I will move out tomorrow, to find a new place to stay. Sorry for today," I apologized.

"It's okay. I just thought if you want you can..." he stopped and took a deep breath. "Where are you planning to go?" he asked me. I knew he didn't say what he wanted to say.

"I am not sure for now," I said honestly.

"Do you want to abort the child?" he asked me after a long pause. I shook my head saying no.

"How about you?" I asked him. I don't want to abort it, but if he wanted then I would just do that. Because I don't want another child to grow up without a father.

"I didn't think about abortion either. Are you like...in love with....someone?" I heard him ask me.

Thank you for reading.