Chapter 11

~People talk behind your back, because you are already ahead of them~

"Hello Ananya. Send me a copy of the presentation. I will check it beforehand and tell you if anything is wrong with that. This is one of the most important project so I want to be careful," he said and I knew that was the end of it.

"Urmm, Anand. I am outside now, so I will send you later, when I get back home," I lied.

"You are outside or you haven't finished the presentation yet?" he asked me and I wondered how the hell he found about it. I kept silent because I don't what to tell him.

"OMG, Ananya I didn't believe when Ratna told me, but you are just as careless as she told me. I am telling you if you didn't present it in a good way, I will tell MD about all the things you have been doing in the office," he threatened me.

"Wait.... Did you just tell Ratna?" I was shocked. She was not my enemy but why she told all this things to him?

"And what all things I was doing? This is the first mistake I have ever done since I joined," I argued.

"Oh, don't act innocent. I know you were responsible for the file being lost last time and you blamed Arav for that. He didn't do it and you blamed him. When Ratna told me, I cut her off by telling you wouldn't do that. But, now I think it is possible you done that," he said and my eyes teared up.

"What??? It is Arav's fault that the file lost last time. Why would Ratna tell it's my fault!!!" I said in between tears.

"Listen, I don't know about all that. I just want the presentation to be correct tomorrow. If any mistake occur, I wouldn't talk for you. I will just let the MD know everything and let him decide what to do with you," he said and I cut the phone. I have always considered Ratna as my friend, even when Harish warned me she is jealous of me.

I came into the office because of my brother's recommendation. I have always worked hard to prove that I am capable to deserve the job. I have never take my work lightly. Why would Ratna blame me for things I have never done. I could not take it and I started crying harder. Oh god, pregnancy hormones. The normal me would never cry for this small things but now...

"Ananya what happened? Why are you crying?" Siddharth asked when he noticed I was sobbing inside the room.

"Nothing," I didn't wanted him to know that I was crying for a silly reason. "Tell me," he demanded. I said everything to him and he just smiled.

"I have heard pregnancy hormones will make one crazy but now I am seeing it for real. The Ananya I first met would never cry for such silly things," he said and hugged me. I hugged him back and controlled my tears.

"I know. I don't know why I even cried. But, I can't even imagine she betrayed me like this. I feel so bad," I said and he smiled.

"Okay forget about it. You want to come with us for dinner?" he asked me.

"No, I am not coming. I have work to do. You guys carry on," I said. If I go with them it is considered wasting time so I rejected.

"Siddharth I want to ask one thing," I stopped him when he was about to leave. "What is it?" he asked me.

"Did you resolve the issue about your design?" I asked him and his smile dropped.

"How did you know this?" he asked me and I told him Abhi told me.

"No, I haven't. I am still investigating," he said and I hugged him, and told him everything will be alright. He smiled and left.

'So, he is happy because of Sandhya' I thought to myself. I don't know why, I feel bad when he is happy because of another girl. Time flied and I was busy doing my work when I heard noises. Siddharth and Sandhya came back. He came inside the room and I was hoping he would ask me whether I have had my dinner or not. But, he didn't.