Chapter 12

~A single moment of misunderstanding is so poisonous, it makes us forget the hundred lovable moments spent together within minutes~

Siddharth POV

I should not have done that. I was too happy that Sandhya returned and I forgot to even ask her if she ate or not. I have been really selfish.

That night, I stayed with her and made sure she had all her vitamins. She behaved differently with me. I don't know why but I felt we have become distant, and I didn't like it.

I went to the living room after she sleep. I wanted to clear my mind. I felt really guilty for not taking care of her. For ruining her life. If that didn't happen that night, she would not have been stuck with me. She would have been happier with her brothers whom she loved very much. I switched on the TV but my concentration was elsewhere.

"This looks like the TV watching you, not you watching the TV," Sandhya said and I smiled at her.

"What is bothering you?" she asked me.

"I don't know. I just feel I made Ananya's life a living hell. The period of pregnancy should be the most happiest moment of a girl's life, but she is not happy. Our life is not the same anymore. She deserve the best in her life and I.... I am not good for her. If not for me, she would've gotten married to a man she loves and carry his baby. But now.... I can't even take care of her," I said and felt really bad about myself.

"Sid, why are you talking like this? You are the best one could get. You said she didn't love anyone before you, but now you are talking like this. I feel you both are perfect for each other," she said and I looked at her confused.

"What makes you tell that?" I laughed, running my hand through my hair, for the millionth time today.

"I am telling this because I saw your face when you heard she fainted. You looked like you needed some superpowers to immediately fly to her side. And she? She defended you when she went for check-ups. Didn't you hear the doctor said you couldn't come for the check-ups because you were busy. I am sure you wouldn't be so busy to the point you can't even accompany her to the check-ups right? Which means she didn't talk bad about you to the doctor," she said and I laughed again.

"Sandhya, that doesn't mean we are perfect for each other," I said.

"Sid, there is no thing as perfect in this world. You know, a relationship is built with time and love. You cannot expect you both turn from strangers to couples in just a month or two right? I should blame Abhi for this. How can you understand a person in just months time? You need more than that Siddharth. You both need to spend time together. You go to your office and she goes to hers. How can you both realize what you want like this?" she said.

"Sid, life don't always go as we expected. You might have your problems and she will have hers. No one in this world lives without problems. You will feel like everyone else except you is happy in their relationship, but you have to be in their shoes to understand them. From outside you might think their life is perfect while I am suffering like this. But, can you be sure that their life is as happy as they portray it to the outside world? No, you don't know what they are going through or what they went through to make their relationship perfect. Trust me, no one can have a perfect relationship. Because at the end of the day, the two person in the relationship is completely two different souls. They will, sure will have problems when they live together. Just like you and Ananya. All you have to do is continue to trust her and make it as close to perfect as possible," she continued when I was quiet.