Chapter One

Chapter One:
Her Precious Smile
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"So, I'm standing there, trying to get by.. and he's all like, 'Oh, who's the new girl in town?' and I'm like 'shut up.' It's me, Dina." Dina explained, stirring the drink she and Syd were sharing.

"Wait, this is Brad-" Syd started, glancing at Lavender, who sat beside her drinking her own milkshake.

"Lewis?" Lavender interrupted, raising an eyebrow. "That fucking jock?"

"Yeah.." Dina sighed dreamily, staring into the cup. Lavender rose her brows, puffing out her cheeks and shaking her head as she and Syd shared a look. "He's sort of sweet.. you know?"

"Isn't he a bully?" Lavender scoffed, leaning back in the booth. Syd's eyes flickered from Dina's eyes down to her lips, causing Lavender to hum to herself.

"And then.. he asked me to homecoming." Dina giggled happily. Syd blinked, her lips turning up in confusion.

"Wait.. and you accepted?" Syd looked over at Lavender, shock and hurt written across her face.

"No.. I told him to take his washboard abs and chiseled jawline and get out of my face." Dina scoffed, "Yeah, of course I said yes."

Lavender choked on her laugh as she and Syd looked at each other, "Shit.. Brad Lewis... Shit, Dina."

"I-I.. uh, oh my god.. you had sex with him, didn't you?" Syd leaned in, "Holy shit!"

Dina laughed nervously, looking out the window and avoiding the gazes of Lavender and Syd. "I-I mean-"

"Fucking, shit, Dina. We can't take you anywhere." Lavender shook her head, laughing. "Seriously?"

"Holy shit! You gave Brad Lewis your v-card?" Dina shushed her, covering her mouth with her hand as she shifted in her seat. "Please tell me you used a condom."

"Yes, of course! I know, I know-"

"He better have or I'm gonna take my doc martens off so I can shove one so far up his ass he chokes on it." Lavender sighed, placing her chin in her hand as she looked out the window. Her back straightened and she swallowed when she saw that Stanley was walking by.

Lavender had a huge crush on Stanley, and she wasn't afraid to admit it either. She'd spend her time shamelessly flirting with him whenever she could.

"So.." Syd trailed off. "Are you guys like.. girlfriend and boyfriend now?"

"I mean.. we haven't put a label on it, yet.. But." Dina shrugged, indicating that they were together.

"Oh.." Syd nodded, pursing her lips and looking into her cup. Lavender sighed, nudging her in reassurance. She knew what it was like to see someone you like like someone else.

She leaned her head on Syd's shoulder, her brown hair falling into her eyes as she shut them.

"I really like him. Just.. give him a chance. Please?" Syd shrugged, playing with the straw awkwardly. "Oh, come on. There has to be someone you sort of like? Just a little."