Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen: 
F

ruit boy

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"You guys'll get over the fight. Don't worry about it." Lavender grinned, her lips tingling at the memory of their kiss from the previous night. "So.. are we gonna talk about it?"

"About what?" Sydney asked, playing dumb. 

Lavender's lips turned up in a small smile as she furrowed her eyebrows together. "You know.. about our kiss?"

"Oh." Sydney nodded, "No, I'd rather not."

Lavender's shoulders slumped and her heart sank. Clearing her throat, she looked down at the food on her tray. Hurt spread throughout her body as Sydney silently looked around the room. "Oh.. Why?"

"Because.. I just don't want to." Sydney said coldly, avoiding Lavender's eyes.

"Fine." Lavender snapped, rolling her eyes as Stanley cheerfully sat beside her.

"Okay, Syd." He started, tossing his brown lunch bag onto the table, completely unaware of the heavy tension filled atmosphere hanging over the two girls. "Wait, holy shit.. Cool hair."

Lavender grinned as she looked over at him. She twirled a strand of hair between her fingers as she rested her elbow on the table. "Thanks, Stan."

Whitaker's got nothing on us, all right? Don't sweat it. Which is why I'm telling you we should just go to the dance, right? We could do something before or something after.. A movie, if you want-"

Lavender's ears perked up at the sentence. She turned her attention to Sydney, confusion written clearly on her face. "You guys are going to Homecoming together?"

They were supposed to go together. They already had it planned. Even had matching colored dresses. 

Stanley nodded his head excitedly. "Yeah, you can come to the movie with us, if you want. I'm down for anything, really. We could go to just have fun, do the funky chicken, drink some punch.. You know, we could just give it all a big proper go."

Lavender rolled her eyes when she that Sydney clearly wasn't listening. "Sydney. He's talking to you."

Sydney blinked slowly, tearing her eyes away from Brad. "Sorry, what?"

Stanley's shoulders slumped and he blinked slowly, knitting his eyebrows together. "Uh.. Homecoming. You, me.. This weekend."

Sydney nodded slowly, glancing at Lavender who was angrily stabbing her burger with her fork. "Oh, uh, I don't know, Stan.. I've got a lot of shit on my mind."

Lavender nodded slowly, pursing her lips as she glanced up at the girl she liked, "Interesting."

"Yeah, okay.." Stanley nodded quickly. "So we won't go.. We could just go do somethin' else."

"Like?"

"Like.. Pft.. We can test your powers again?" Stanley suggested, a sly grin threatening to show up. Sydney scoffed, rolling her eyes in disbelief.

"Oh, no. Let's definitely do that! 'Cause that went so great." Sydney rolled her eyes, again glancing at Lavender who ignored her stare. 

"Well.. I-I'm just thinking.. It might help you feel a little.." Stanley trailed off with a sigh.