Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen:
Happy Fucking Homecoming
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"You look beautiful." Ricky grinned, handing Lavender the bouquet of flowers he had brought her. Lavender rolled her eyes with a laugh, looking down at her red dress and thanking him for the flowers. "Let me go put these in water."

Ricky nodded, patting his thighs awkwardly as she disappeared into her living room. He clicked his tongue, swaying back and forth to the beat of the song that was stuck in his head. Minutes later, Lavender returned, a smile resting across her lips as she closed the front door behind her. 

"Sucks that you guys lost the game." Lavender said as he opened the car door for her. 

Ricky shrugged, leaning on the door as he watched her strap herself in. "I think we crushed it."

Lavender let out a laugh as he closed the truck's door and walked to the other side. She watched as he got into the drivers side and sent her a small grin. "I mean, I always do better in volleyball than you do in football."

Ricky rolled his eyes, "Whatever crayon girl."

"Fruit boy." Lavender stuck her tongue out at him as she stifled a laugh. "I see your wearing a red tie.. Matching?"

"Matching." Ricky confirmed. A small smile rested on Lavender's lips as she tore her eyes from Ricky's face and looked out the window. 

"You're a dork." She laughed, covering her mouth with her hand but being careful to not mess up her makeup. Ricky rolled his eyes as he mimicked her sentence, causing a loud laugh to leave her lips. "I'm gonna have so much fun at this stupid dance."

~~

"Woah.. They really went all out for this place." Lavender commented, looking up at the nicely decorated gym. "They did this place up better then they do for anything else.. Makes sense that the theatre kids hate this place."

The loud music filled her ears as she looked around at the dancing students. A smile formed on her face as she heard the familiar opening chords of her favorite song. "Holy shit! I love this song!"

Lavender slipped her hand into Ricky's and pulled him into the crowd, causing the darker boy to laugh as he stumbled behind her. "Woah! Slow down, crayon girl."

"No can do, fruit boy." Lavender giggled, swaying her hips to the music. She looked behind him, her smile faltering when her eyes landed on Sydney. A sigh left her lips and her arms fell to her sides. Ricky furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he watched her once happy expression fall.

"What's wrong?" He asked carefully, his voice softening as his eyes scanned her face in concern. Lavender looked up at him after tearing her eyes away from the smiling girl, "Oh, nothing! Don't worry about it." 

Ricky rose his eyebrows as the music changed to a slow song. He inhaled sharply as he slowly slid his arms around her waist. Lavender rested her arms on his shoulders as she looked up at the ceiling. Seconds passed agonizingly slow as she felt a pair of eyes staring holes into them. It took everything in her to not look at Sydney.. to give her what she wanted. 

"So.. Why'd you really ask me to be your date?" Ricky asked, causing Lavender to tear her eyes from the ceiling and look at him. The slow song played over the speakers as Lavender knitted her eyebrows together. 

"C'mon.. You and I both know that you don't like me. Not like that." Ricky pointed out, "So.. Why me?"

Lavender fell silent as she glanced over at Sydney and Stanley who sat on the bleachers together. "Uh.."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 ~ 𝐬𝐲𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐤 🎉