Chapter 16

Adalyn

After saying goodbye to Mia we began to walk towards the front of the diner, avoiding the windows.

"Alpha." They both bowed their head to me as we quickly walked over to a  Black SUV that was parked on the street.

"Please, call me Addy." I smiled.

"I'm Mark, one of Alpha Roman's warriors." He said smiling at me.

"It's nice to officially meet you Mark." I responded nodding my head at him.

I already felt comfortable around these people and this continued to solidify my trust in them.

Mark opened the backseat door of the black SUV for me and I hopped in thanking him. Both of them quickly got in the front seat, with Mark driving.

"We'll be at the Northern Exit in no time Alpha." He said pulling out of the parking lot.

"Can't wait." I sighed.

"Oh, I have clothes for you Addy!" Berlin said pulling a bag out from under her seat. She handed it to me and I looked inside pulling out sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

"Thank you so much."

Mark you better keep you eyes straight on the road, if I see you so much as breathe her way as she's changing, I will personally see to it that your limbs get torn off one by one.

Roman! I scolded him.

I rolled my eyes and whispered sorry to Mark. He just chuckled as Berlin bursted out laughing.

My cheeks heated up as I realized the whole pack heard Roman's threat to Mark.

I lifted my dress over my head and quickly tossed on my sweatshirt as I had no bra on. I then wiggled in my seat until I was able to shimmy the sweatpants up.

I took a deep breath and that's when I realized these were his clothes. I let out a soft sigh as I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around myself. Even if it wasn't actually him, I still felt a sense of relief being surrounded by his scent. I leaned my head against the window and curled myself up into a ball. It was going to be a long drive but I'd do it a thousand times if it meant seeing Roman.

I miss you I sighed.

I know baby, but we'll see each other soon and I'll take you home.

I smiled and took a deep breath, willing myself to go to sleep.

-

I woke up a few hours later and yawned as I sat up, rubbing the sleep away from my eyes. I was in a new part of the city that I had never been to before. It was already night time as the moon laid a bright light on the city.

I watched as we passed by parks and shops, something that I had not seen much before. In my town we only had two shops, one for food and other necessities while the other one was for clothes. And the only thing we had close enough to a park was the forest behind my house.

I sighed and looked up as Mark continued driving. Berlin still sat in the passengers seat but she was now reading a book with her feet kicked up on the dash board.

I smiled and turned back towards the window watching the landscape around us change.

We slowed down and pulled up next a curb as Mark turned off the car and got out as Berlin put her book down and did the same thing.

"Alpha, we're almost there." Berlin opened my door as she smiled brightly at me.

I sat up and yawned, looking around. We were parked on a street with a park to my right and it was pitch black out.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"The northern exit." Her smile was wide as I jumped up and scanned my surroundings.

"You mean we're almost out?" I cried out.

"Yes! We just have to walk to the entrance, it's only a few minutes away." She grabbed my hand and helped me out of the car as Mark shut the door behind me.

"At the end of this park there is a bush wall and hidden behind it is the exit."

We walked for a few minutes until we got to the bush wall and butterflies formed in my tummy as goosebumps arose on my skin.

He was close.

I watched as Berlin found a crack in the wall and took three steps to the left. She moved the bush out of the way and I almost cried as I saw the hole that separated the city from the real world. I was so close.

Mark stepped through first and Berlin held it open as Mark lifted me through the hole, planting me on my feet outside. I looked around and the outside was covered by a vast forest with leaves covering the ground. And that's when I felt it.

His palms were firmly planted on my hips as he pulled me into his chest and leaned down so his lips gently skimmed my ear.

"Hi baby girl."