Midnight Visit

Damon’s POV

It’s been a month since Faye has been living with us holding myself back has been a tough job but I am holding on.

She's been great. Caleb and Ian are inseparable from her. The two found a mother in her. I'm going back home from my 3 days business meeting and I am itching to see that Little Fae again.

She doesn’t even know how much distracted and on edge she’s making me. She just… has no idea it’s already midnight when George pulled up the car in front of the house.

I walked out of the car leaving George behind. I just have someone to check up to. I pushed the door open and waltz in the house. I couldn’t care less. I run on the stairs as quietly as possible. After a few turns I saw a door and slightly knocked on it.

No one opened the door and so I knocked on the door with slight forced and it flew open. What I saw made me drop my brief case. A sleepy little fae with a bed hair, rubbing her eyes sleepily.

“What?” She croaked.

“You… Totally look like what a woman in a midnight visit should be.” I leaned in the doorway while waiting for her snarky remark but it didn’t come. 

“You… Midnight visit?” She asked opening one eye to look at me.

“Why would you visit me…? At this hour?” She asks with a little voice Cute! I cleared my throat

“For a cup of tea?” That doesn’t sound convincing now… is it?

“Tea..? I don’t like tea. I like Coffee more” She answered sounding so sleepy. She’s so cute when sleepy. In her sleepy state I can’t help but tease her.

“Maybe I should visit you at midnight more Little Fae. It is truly a sight… to behold.” I said slowly while leaning my face closer to hers.  As expected she looks oblivious as her eyes are still close. I chuckled.

“I think you should sleep now little Fae” Ruffling her hair slightly. For the first time in the month, she willingly did what I asked her to do. Only when she’s half awake. I shook my head and chuckled. I backed away and let her close her door

“Goodnight Damon” I smiled.

“Good night Little Fae” After her door closed, I took my chance and walked back to my room. I sighed as I took off my tie and coat I loosened my cuffs and took off my shirt.

I took a short shower and wore sweatpants. I sat on the edge of the bed and ran my hands on my wet hair.

Everything has been stressful being at home brings a breath of fresh air. This place has even been better when Little Fae lived with us.

Maybe I should make the renovation go slower. So that she can stay here longer. I don’t think Caleb will let Fae go. That kid have the tendency to keep people he liked by his side.

Well I can’t say that I’m not the same though. After a month I saw how Caleb and Fae ended. I'm sure that, that kid doesn’t consider Fae as a teacher nor a guest anymore. It was a first that he let someone be this close to him other than me.

Now he is more expressive and more carefree. He is changing for good. It was a change that my mother and I had been wishing for. I hope that no one take it away from him. With all my thoughts going haywire I urged myself to sleep.