Fourteen

Sophia
Mat drove into the parking lot behind the cafe and we both got out. I took off my jersey, so I was just in a hoodie and some black jeans, which was a much more practical outfit. Mat looked extremely over dressed, but let's be honest, who cares? He's still the best dressed one.
He opened the door for me and we walked into the cafe. We got on the short line, only two or three people, and started figuring out what we wanted. I decided I was going to get a Chai tea latte and a grilled chicken pesto flatbread, while mat said he was going to get an iced coffee and a buffalo chicken flatbread.
We ordered our food, and even though I told him I was paying, he handed his card to the cashier before I could grab my card out of my wallet. I yelled at him and told him i was paying but he just said "my treat, don't worry about it" I told him that I wanted to pay for him and he told me "nope" and flashed that signature smile. I rolled my eyes and said "thank you" and he said "anytime sunshine," which doesn't sound like anything he's ever said before, so I laughed a little, and walked to an empty table.
We grabbed our drinks and sat down and started talking. Mat took a picture of me trying to mess with me, but I looked at it and thought it was actually really cute so I decided to post it.

Liked by Trevorzegras, _alexturcotte, and 2,281 others Tagged: @barzal97 Sophzegras mat took this pic as a jokeBarzal97 damn that's a good photographer Sophzegras @barzal97 ha ikr _alexturcotte hottieSophzegras @_alexturcotte ❤️Colecaufield Oo Sop...

Tagged: @barzal97
Sophzegras mat took this pic as a joke
Barzal97 damn that's a good photographer
Sophzegras @barzal97 ha ikr
_alexturcotte hottie
Sophzegras @_alexturcotte ❤️
Colecaufield Oo Soph and Alex using the red heart
Jackhughes_ damn looks like that kiss made you guys fall in love
Quinnhughes_ ^^
Sophzegras oh shut up guys I love you too❤️
SydneyMartin Alex is right, my bestie is a hottie
Sophzegras love you bubs
Mattymarts17 missed you, great seeing you
Titobeauvi91 Alex thinks you're cute, but I think the photographer is cuter😍
Barzal97 okay chill Tito we get it, you're single and desperate
Sophzegras @mattymarts17 @titobeauvi91 congrats on your win losers, missed you too

A few minutes later a lady brought us our food, which we thanked her for. I asked mat about the kiss cam, and he said he just asked the girl that runs the screen if she could zoom in on you guys for the kiss cam. She agreed, and all it took was a picture and an autograph from Mat, which he had no problem with, and "boom, Alex and Soph kissy" as he says.
"Well thank you, I've been wanting to kiss him since the second I met him." I told mat

"Well why haven't you" he asks, taking a sip from his drink

"I mean, I never knew if he liked me back, but after the kiss he told me he's been wanting to do that since he met me too"

"Aw that's sweet, but listen Soph, anyone in a five mile radius of you guys could tell that you guys were into each other, I mean I saw the way you guys looked at each other at dinner and there is obvious chemistry between you guys"

"Is it really that obvious?"

"Yes. Yes it is" he says, chuckling at how oblivious I was

"Well, I really like him, eh fuck it I love him. I love him."

"You really do?"

"I do. And I know it's so early to love him but I've known how much I liked him since he first winked at me at the airport the day we met, before flashing that signature smirk"

"That's actually really cute. You know I'm not one for lovey doves stuff, but that's honesty adorable"

"I just hope he's feels the same"

"Trust me. He does"

"Oh and how would you know that?"

"I have eyes. That's all it takes to tell he's just as into you as you are into him"

We both laughed and we continued our conversation about Alex, and then we were talking about the game. Mat got a point from an Apple, and we were talking about this sick sauce pass he gave to Cizikas before he went bardown for their third goal of the night.
After we had both finished our food, we got back in the car, Mat insisting to drive again. I let him, and he started driving. I tried to give him directions to the hotel, but he wasn't listening. Instead we were going west when we should have been going north, so I asked him where we were going. He said "well. Since you told me in there how 'in love' you see with Alex, you're gonna tell him. Now."

"WHAT"

"We're almost at the rink where they're having practice. I texted Trev and got the addy from him"

"You did WHAT. IM GONNA KILL YOU. WHAT IF ALEX DOESNT LOVE ME BACK. WHAT IF IM GOING IN THERE TO EMBARRASS MYSELF"

"Well then at least you'll know. If you don't do anything about it you're never gonna know what could've happened."

"OMG this is a terrible idea"

"Na it's gonna be fine."

"I hate you. You know that right."

"That's not true. You love me"

"Fine" I said pouting in my seat. Waiting for this car ride to be over.

We pulled up to the rink and went inside. The guys were on a break during practice, and we walked right in. A security guard was on his way to come up to us, but after realizing that it was Mat Barzal, along with the sister of one of the players, he didn't even bother.
I opened the doors to the rink, the cold air hitting my face, and I paused for a second, before stepping in. I took a breathe and walked onto the ice. I took a few steps and a sweaty but adorable Alex skated up to me. He asked if there was something wrong and I shook my head. He looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed, and I looked into his eyes,

"Actually yes" I started, "something is wrong. Ever since the first time you winked at me and flashed that signature smile at me in the airport, I knew we had chemistry. Ever since that first time you smiled at me, and that first night we cuddled in my bed, I knew I liked you. Ever since we went to the beach and goofed around and went partying, and played hockey together in my basement and on the ice, I knew I loved you. And today, since that second that you leaned in and put your lips on mine. That's when I knew I loved you as more than a friend. That's when I knew I wanted to be with you. You never fail to give me butterflies and to make me feel like time has stopped when I'm with you. So the problem here, is that you and I aren't together, and I'm a problem solver, so, Alex Turcotte, will you be my boyfriend?"

He looked at me and made such a passionate eye contact, I couldn't tell the emotions in his face, whether they were good or bad, I couldn't tell what he was going to say or do. Until he leans in, him towering over me in his skates, and kisses me again. This time was so much better than before, this time it felt like fireworks exploded the second our lips touched. He pulled away after a few seconds, and said "yes. I love you Sophia Zegras, and being your boyfriend would be the biggest honor" I hugged him tighter than I have ever hugged anyone before, and I heard jack in the background tell his signature catch phrase, "LETS GO BABYYYY"
I pulled away, and told him, "now get back to practice, boyfriend, I'll see you at home"
I turned away and walked towards the gate and Mat gave me a huge hug, "I knew you had it in you, kid"
"Thank you. I would have never done that without you"