Sixteen

Sophia
I woke up in bed next to Syd, and I got up and went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and answered some texts from the boys wondering where I was. I told them that I was gonna be staying at Syds but I guess they forgot, so I texted them and informed them that I was in fact alive and had not been kidnapped. I went to her kitchen and brewed myself a cup of coffee. Syd is a huge traveller so she has all these fancy coffees from all over the world, and so I made one that was from Colombia.
Today, we had a really really busy day. The boys have five whole days off from any practices or games, which doesn't happen often, so we're taking advantage of it. When they first figured out their schedule, we all planned a trip away, and us all being hockey players and all we decided what better place to go than to go snowboarding and skiing. I had always been a huge snowboarder growing up but I hadn't been in over a year so we decided we were all gonna take a trip to Denver, Colorado and we were gonna get away for a few days before the practices got more frequent and the games started. We all had skis or snowboards, but 1. we were flying to Colorado and 2. All of our stuff was back home anyway, so we were just going to rent stuff there.
Today the seven of us were flying out, our flights leaving from Dulles at 5:06 and arriving at just after 8. From there we were just planning on going to check in at the ski resort and then going to bed so we could wake up and get on the mountains early tomorrow morning.
I woke Sydney at around 9, and she got up and ready while I got her suitcase out for her and started packing. It might sound weird that I pack for her but honestly we've been best friends for so long that I know what she wears and doesn't wear and how to pack for her. I asked her about the fancy stuff, but I already knew which leggings and jeans and tops she likes to wear.
Syd got out of the shower and we quickly went through what I had picked out for her, before her approving it all and packing it into her suitcase. She packed all of her toiletries and makeup and stuff before closing up her suitcase. I texted the guys and asked them if they wanted us to pick up something for breakfast on my way home and they all agreed on smoothies. I know how crazy that sounds, all the guys actually agreeing on something. Completely absurd.
I placed an order through my phone and Sydney and I got in the car, her throwing her suitcase in the back. We drove to the smoothie place and Syd ran in to pick up our order, consisting of 7 large smoothies of various flavors. She put the two trays on the back seat and got back into the passenger seat. We drove a few minutes back to the house and as soon as we park in the driveway we see Jack and Alex coming out the house complaining about how we "left them and didn't tell them where we were going." Complete bs.
Jack took Sydney's suitcase while Alex helped me bring the smoothies inside. What great boyfriends. We went inside and handed out the smoothies before Syd and I went upstairs to my room to pack my stuff. We picked out what to pack and I hopped in the shower while she put my stuff into my suitcase. I got out of the shower and got dressed in a traditional airport outfit, consisting of black leggings, a while tank top, and a jacket, all paired with my Air Force 1's. We grabbed my suitcase and met the guys downstairs. I couldn't find the guys but there was a pile of duffle bags all with the "USNTDP" logo and crest, which were the bags the guys used to bring their stuff on roadies. I don't understand how a duffle bag is supposed to be more practical than a suitcase for a plane ride but to each their own.
The guys were downstairs playing some dek hockey in the dek room, and Syd and I just chilled upstairs for about an hour and a half before we had to call the cab to bring us to the airport. We were taking two cabs considering there were 7 of us and a shit ton of luggage, which likely wouldn't fit in one car.
I called the cabs and told the guys to get ready to leave. We all grabbed our passports, which we didn't really need but still liked having just in case. We got our boarding passes and everything else we needed to travel and waited for the taxis.
After a little while the cabs arrived, at roughly 2. Our flight wasn't until 5 but we left the house at 2 because it was about an hour drive to the airport and then we had to go through security and find the gate and everything. Trevor, Syd and I got in one car with the other four in the other car.

Sydney
About an hour after we left the house, we arrived at terminal 5, which was the delta terminal. I always flew delta so I racked up a ton of miles. The guys flew almost everywhere for hockey so they had miles racked up on almost every major airline. We walked in and we went to the security lines. We all flew a ton so we all had delta clear, meaning they just scanned our iris and we went straight through the metal detector and that was it. None of us had to worry about the whole "take off your shoes and your belts" thing. We all went through security, and then we heard some beeping. I turned around and Cole was getting searched for a random screening. Yes, because a 5 foot 7 kid that looks like he could be 11 looks incredibly suspicious. We all waited about 10 minutes for Cole to be cleared, and then we all continued to gate 37-d, which was where our flight was leaving from.
We had about 45 minutes until our flight started boarding, so Soph and I went to the bathroom, as did a few of the guys. On our way back we grabbed some snacks for the plane and some bottles of water.
We met the guys in front of the gate and we sat for a few minutes before they started boarding.
We were in boarding group 4, as we were sitting in delta comfort+. They made the call for elderly and people with small children to board. Then for military to board, then first class, and then us.
We boarded the plane and the rows were 2 seats wide, so the seating went: Soph and Alex, Jack and I, Trev and cole, and Quinn who got seated next to this kid who looked about 8 or 9. The kid recognized Quinn from hockey and was super excited they got to sit next to each other, so they talked for some of the flight. I fell asleep on Alex's shoulder, while he watched a bunch of episodes of the office.
At a little after 9 we landed in Colorado. We got off the plane and we looked at a map on the wall before deciding there was a shuttle bus we could take from the terminal to the ski resort that was hourly, so we would have to wait until 10. We grabbed our bags, which we had with us considering we all brought carry ons, and we headed to a Starbucks to get a drink and wait for the shuttle.
At around 9:45 we left and went to the shuttle waiting area where we got picked up. The shuttle went to three different ski resorts, but we were the only ones in the shuttle this time. We sat down, in practically the same seats as we were in on the plane, and we waited for about a 15 minute drive, until we reached the resort.
We walked in, and the boys all plopped down on a couch that was in the large lobby. Soph and I approached the welcome desk, and we told the lady we were checking in. She looked up what rooms web were in, and issued us all room keys. There were 7 of us so we got three rooms. Soph and I were going to share a room with a king bed, Alex, Jack, and Quinn were going to share a room with two double beds and a pull out couch, and Cole and Trev were going to share a room with two double beds. We definitely all could have fit in two rooms, and that's what we were originally going to do. In the beginning we were just gonna get two rooms, but then we looked at pricing and it wouldn't have been much more expensive to get a third room, so we did, and it was definitely worth it.
We all went to our rooms, and I kissed jack goodnight before going with Soph into our room.
We got ready for bed really quickly, as we were pretty tired, and we set our alarms for six tomorrow morning. We had a long day ahead of us so we thought it would be best to go to sleep early. I said goodnight to Soph and we shut off the lights, and I fell asleep in only a few minutes.