Chapter 11: Cousin from hell

"Today's soccer practice was so intense!"Jack says.

"Well, Jack we are going for state this year."I say.

"I know and weirdly I have a craving for ice cream!"He says and I laugh.This boy knows how to make people laugh all the time.I get into his motorcycle as I left mine at home and he gave me a ride to the soccer academy.We get to the ice cream parlor and we order and eat our ice cream.After talking and eating we head back home where I find my cousin from hell.

"Everly, you've grown up so much!"Uncle James says.He hugs and so does aunt and we greet each other.Then comes my evil cousin with my brothers laughing.

"Everly!I missed you so much!"She says with a fake smile and hugs me.Her arms around my waist since she is half my height.

"Me too!"I lie.I definitely didn't miss her.

"Where were you two?Soccer practice was supposed to end an hour ago."Dad says.

"Oh we both went to eat ice cream since my brother over here had a craving!"I say and all of us except my brothers laugh.They just glare at us both.

"Eddy I want ice-cream!"Ava says to Ed, I used to call him that.

"Sure kiddo, we'll go right now!"He replies.

My phone rings and when I check it I see Lucas' name.

"I got to answer this!See you later Ava!"I say and before I can turn I get stopped by dad.

"Who is calling you?"Dad asks.

"Just Lucas face timing me."I say but again dad stops me.

"Well even I want to see his face and my little sisters' also!"He says and I roll my eyes.

Dad is the oldest sibling and then it is uncle James and then Aunt Mia.I love Aunt Mia, she is like the closest thing to mother I ever had.

"I agree!Ever since she married Ben she barely calls us!"Uncle James says.

"Oh please!Aunt Mia calls you everyday and even if she doesn't you guys bother her every ten minutes."I scoff and shake my head.

"Well I don't know what else do to if my sister lives in England!"Dad says.

"You let her live her life but I do like the way you both freak out so I am not gonna do anything about it!"I say.

"We do not freak out!"Uncle James says,

"Oh no! Aunt Mia got attacked by cockroaches!"I say and both of them look at me wide eyed.

"Is she alright!"They both scream and we all fall into laughter.

"Seriously!"I say and realization strucks them.

I answer the call and my dad and uncle join in.

"Hi Lucas!"I say with a big grin.

"EV!Wait uncle Aaron and Uncle James!"He says smiling and suddenly I can hear my aunt from the back ground.

"My brothers!They haven't called me in ages!"Aunt Mia says.

Me and Lucas roll our eyes.

"You called them like an hour ago!"Mike says and comes into the call with Aunt Mia.

"Everly honey!You've grown so much!"She says and I smile.

"Evy!"Mike calls my nickname that only my brothers and they were allowed to call.

"Mike!"I say.

"Do you ever answer you phone calls!I have girl problems and you don't answer your phone to answer them."He says and I laugh.

"Hey!You know you uncles can also help you."Uncle James says.

"Nah!You guys don't have it in you now!You all are tied down and committed whereas I am still a player!"He says and I laugh.

After talking for a bit we end the call.Aunt Mia told us that she has a surprise when she comes tomorrow.My brothers come from the ice cream shop and we all sit for dinner while I just play with my food.

"So Ev any boys we need to know about?"Aunt Kylee asks and all the males in the table choke on their food including my brothers!Weird.

"Umm..No,I just want to stay committed to soccer right now!I can't afford any distractions."I say honestly.That is one of the reasons and second because of my brothers who disowned me no boy wants to be around me and then there is Xander, even after all these years I can't seem to get over him.

"That is nice!"She says.

"What about that boy who used to come through your window all the time three years ago!"Ava asks and I cough.What the hell?How did she know?Xander did that all the time.

"What boy?"Erick asks suddenly coming on with his overprotective brother mode which he hasn't done in years.

"Oh I even saw him kissing her in the park one time!"Ava says.What the actual hell?How does she know about my first kiss.

"Kissing?"Emmett asks.

"Who was that?"Elliot asks.

"No one you need to know!"I say.

"Who is it?"Ethan asks looking at me and I know he just cracked me open so I have to surrender.

"Xander and I haven't talked to him in three years!"I say and I can see dad's eyes soften.

We finish our meal silently and head to our bedrooms.When I take my cushion up I notice an actual snake.What the hell?

I scream and jump on Ethan who is taken by surprise.

"What do you wand Everly?"He asks.

There is a snake on my bed!"I shriek.

"Lying again I see!"He says and rolls his eyes.

"Just check my bed!"I say and he removes my hands from around him and goes to my bed and lifts the pillow up.He throws it right back with a scream!

"Get it off my bed!"I say.

"And what makes you think that I can do that?"He asks.

"What is going on here!"Erick asks.All my family members are standing near the doorway.My eyes suddenly catch Ava's and she has a mischievous smile on her face and I know that she did it.How the hell did a nine year old get a snake.All my brothers somehow capture the snake and put it in some kind of sanctuary.At least they helped me this time.